Re: [NUTS] California Senate Bill 1567

  • wildoates56@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2008
      I can't believe the legislature actually passed a law that makes sense!

      From: "geospyder"
      Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:45:06 -0800
      To: <nuts_@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [NUTS] California Senate Bill 1567

      You all probably already have hard – but in case you haven’t, as of January 1st, California Senate Bill 1567, the GPS Windshield Safety Act, will allow you to mount a GPS to your windshield as follows:

      “A portable Global Positioning System (GPS), which may be mounted in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver or in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest to the driver, if the system is used only for door-to-door navigation while the motor vehicle is being operated and outside of an airbag deployment zone.”

      Jim (geospyder)