Re: [NUTS] NUTS event

  • Bonnie Schebler
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 9, 2008
      floflower,

      I received your message, thanks and I hope everything goes ok with your wrist. I have never broke a bone (knock on wood). Well take care and looking forward to the caches soon.
      Bonnie

      From: Bonnie Schebler <bonnieschebler@ yahoo.com>
      To: nuts_@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 9:24 AM

      We would love to be there, but we are going on a 14 day, 6,785 miles round trip geocaching road trip (rental car). We are visiting (hopefully) 31 states. Our turn around point is North Carolina. We are leaving the 11th and we will not be back until the 25th. So all you N.U.T.S. have fun for us too. See you nexted time.
      SmokeysRedheadHelpe r
      aka-Dennis and Bonnie

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 9, 2008
        Wow! I'm going to embark on a 7 day, 1,200 mile work trip of 10 hour days. Take that!!!

        Oh, wait....... I guess your trip is better. Want to trade?  :-P

        Have a great time for all of us who aren't going. We are jealous but we're also glad that someone is getting to go on such a cool trip.

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 18, 2008
          Hi everybody,
          We are still on our geocaching road trip to see some states. We didn't plan on hurricane Ike. So much flooding from it, (so sad) to see all the damage. Well the trip is going good, but got a bad news phone call from home. Was about 19 miles from the Alabama border and had to turn around and go back home, but the emergency at home, Dennis Jr. and our neighbor with the help of  Big Dennis (over the cell phone) got it taken care of. So then we cut our trip down to 22 states instead of the 31 states (thats ok) and now at this time we are in Iowa. We will now be doing the upper part of the United States. When we fly out to GeoWoodStock in Tennesse in May we will get some more of the states that we didn't get to do this time. Tell you more when we get home by the 25th.
          Good luck, be safe and happy caching.
          Dennis and Bonnie

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 20, 2008
            Hi Guys,
            Gail wanted me to ask you what all we should bring tommorow.  Brenda is bringing her big coffee maker and coffee.  We have some plastic utensils and some lightweight paper plates if needed.  Let us know.
            Thanks,
                 Mike

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 20, 2008
              oops...that was intened for R & C

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 20, 2008
                Um, mostly... yourselves! :o)  Coffee is GOOD! We have some styro cups and paper plates too. Was going to scrounge utensils so if you got 'em that is great! Think we are good to go as long as there is electricity incase someone wants to warm something. :o) Gary should be bringing "the box" if we need stuff in there. See ya in the morning, D&J

                To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com

                Hey there everyone! Looks like the summer is drawing to a close and we wanted to get atleast one outdoor event in before the days get short and the elements get in our way. Sunday morning Sept 21st, come join us at River Bend Park in Oroville for "A NUTS Breakfast at the Bend" (check for GC #) We will meet from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. (or any time in between). Bring a breakfast thingy to share. Everyone is welcome, NUTS or not... (but it's more fun if you are!). Hope to see you all there, R&C

              • Mac
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 20, 2008
                  Is it a Kilt event?  Mac

                  To: nuts_@yahoogroups. com

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 21, 2008
                      Of course it's a kilt friendly event. If you are brave enough to wear them, by all means. R&C

                      To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                      From: macinyugo-macinyugo@...
                      Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 21:32:32 -0700

                      Is it a Kilt event?  Mac