It's been a while...

  • Robbers Creek Cachers
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 6, 2008
      Hello to all our cachin' friends. Robbers Creek Cachers has been on
      Hiatus/Sabbatical for a while. Andy and I both went through Paramedic
      School and we just bought a new house. Now that we are settled
      and "normal" again, we are back with a vengance.

      We miss going to events and seeing all of you. I see there are more
      members than ever now. Yeah! We will admit, we did not do any caching
      for 3 years at all. Boo Hoo. It was horrible for the whole family. We
      were suprised to see how caching has changed in the last few years.
      Different "kinds" of caches. We were taken back a bit when we Googled
      our area and saw the over saturation of caches (mostly micros). Whew!
      For those of you who do not know where we are, well we are fairly
      secluded in Plumas County. We have noticed a lot are too close
      together and heck, we barely have to hike for any of them near the
      highway area...it's almost a stop and rob situation. (we will say
      though, this is helping get our stats right back up there). We are a
      little diappointed with the amount of nano caches in the middle of
      the forest. We have found some very clever and eco friendly stashes.
      But the majority have been a needle in a haystack event for us. And
      we have noticed during these particular hunts, the destuction of the
      forest...Broken branches & trees, every rock out of place and damage
      to surrounding wildland. It is obvious and frustrating. Since we call
      the forest area our home, we would like to throw out a little
      awarness for the forest and ask people to be a little more mindful
      before putting out their caches (we are not trying to offend anyone).

      Overall, we love all the new and creative ways people have been
      hiding their caches. Oh! and the explosion of Geocoins? This is sooo
      cool and we jumped right on that.

      Well, we are back and we would like to advise we are bringing back
      the "traditional" cache in our area... Woot Woot! We are all about
      good quality GeoSwag. BOLO for up and coming caches from RCC

      Thanks again for all the clever caches that add to our quality family
      time.

      Stay Safe,
      Pam and Andy RCC
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 6, 2008
        Well, welcome back!! Sounds like y'all have been really busy. Congrats on getting through paramedic school and the new house. We are having a NUTS event on Sunday the 21st of Sept called A NUTS Breakfast at the Bend in Oroville, so hope you and all the NUTS folks can make it.

        Must be quite a shock (as it would be in any culture) to step away for three years and then suddenly to be back in it. Yep, things change while we are gone! Caching is such a dynamic sport and with new cachers and new ideas, it is ever changing... and yet still so much the same.

        Think you maybe "preaching to the choir" with your statements about micros in the woods, trampled forests, and the like... many of us live in the woods too. We NUTS try real hard to keep the environment around our caches in good shape. But we don't have much choice when it comes to others visiting and tramping... really, does anybody? When it comes to micros in the woods, the good news (much like our TV programs)... we can filter out those that we don't like us and focus on the ones we choose to enjoy! There are still plenty of good hikes, adventuresome caches, and ammo cans or larger, around.

        Hope you will join us and try out some of the newer caches in NUTS country, Rock&Crystal

        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 6, 2008
          Hey there everyone! Looks like the summer is drawing to a close and we wanted to get atleast one outdoor event in before the days get short and the elements get in our way. Sunday morning Sept 21st, come join us at River Bend Park in Oroville for "A NUTS Breakfast at the Bend" (check for GC #) We will meet from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. (or any time in between). Bring a breakfast thingy to share. Everyone is welcome, NUTS or not... (but it's more fun if you are!). Hope to see you all there, R&C

        • Bonnie Schebler
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 9, 2008
            We would love to be there, but we are going on a 14 day, 6,785 miles round trip geocaching road trip (rental car). We are visiting (hopefully) 31 states. Our turn around point is North Carolina. We are leaving the 11th and we will not be back until the 25th. So all you N.U.T.S. have fun for us too. See you nexted time.
            SmokeysRedheadHelper
            aka-Dennis and Bonnie

            Hey there everyone! Looks like the summer is drawing to a close and we wanted to get atleast one outdoor event in before the days get short and the elements get in our way. Sunday morning Sept 21st, come join us at River Bend Park in Oroville for "A NUTS Breakfast at the Bend" (check for GC #) We will meet from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. (or any time in between). Bring a breakfast thingy to share. Everyone is welcome, NUTS or not... (but it's more fun if you are!). Hope to see you all there, R&C

          • florence chase-crow
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 9, 2008
              hi bonnie

              hope you have a fun and safe trip. i'm jealous. i'm stuck here at home not being able to work. i fell last fri at work and broke my right wrist. i have to go to the doctor tomorrow to see if i have to have surgery on it or if they can just cast it. my first broken bone. it's really limiting my caching too.

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 9, 2008
                thought my message was going to bonnie

                floflower

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 9, 2008
                  floflower,

                  I received your message, thanks and I hope everything goes ok with your wrist. I have never broke a bone (knock on wood). Well take care and looking forward to the caches soon.
                  Bonnie

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 9, 2008
                    Wow! I'm going to embark on a 7 day, 1,200 mile work trip of 10 hour days. Take that!!!

                    Oh, wait....... I guess your trip is better. Want to trade?  :-P

                    Have a great time for all of us who aren't going. We are jealous but we're also glad that someone is getting to go on such a cool trip.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 18, 2008
                      Hi everybody,
                      We are still on our geocaching road trip to see some states. We didn't plan on hurricane Ike. So much flooding from it, (so sad) to see all the damage. Well the trip is going good, but got a bad news phone call from home. Was about 19 miles from the Alabama border and had to turn around and go back home, but the emergency at home, Dennis Jr. and our neighbor with the help of  Big Dennis (over the cell phone) got it taken care of. So then we cut our trip down to 22 states instead of the 31 states (thats ok) and now at this time we are in Iowa. We will now be doing the upper part of the United States. When we fly out to GeoWoodStock in Tennesse in May we will get some more of the states that we didn't get to do this time. Tell you more when we get home by the 25th.
                      Good luck, be safe and happy caching.
                      Dennis and Bonnie

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 20, 2008
                        Hi Guys,
                        Gail wanted me to ask you what all we should bring tommorow.  Brenda is bringing her big coffee maker and coffee.  We have some plastic utensils and some lightweight paper plates if needed.  Let us know.
                        Thanks,
                             Mike

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 20, 2008
                          oops...that was intened for R & C

                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 20, 2008
                            Um, mostly... yourselves! :o)  Coffee is GOOD! We have some styro cups and paper plates too. Was going to scrounge utensils so if you got 'em that is great! Think we are good to go as long as there is electricity incase someone wants to warm something. :o) Gary should be bringing "the box" if we need stuff in there. See ya in the morning, D&J

                            To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com

                            Hey there everyone! Looks like the summer is drawing to a close and we wanted to get atleast one outdoor event in before the days get short and the elements get in our way. Sunday morning Sept 21st, come join us at River Bend Park in Oroville for "A NUTS Breakfast at the Bend" (check for GC #) We will meet from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. (or any time in between). Bring a breakfast thingy to share. Everyone is welcome, NUTS or not... (but it's more fun if you are!). Hope to see you all there, R&C

                          • Mac
                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 20, 2008
                              Is it a Kilt event?  Mac

                              To: nuts_@yahoogroups. com

                            • thrak@pacbell.net

                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 21, 2008
                                  Of course it's a kilt friendly event. If you are brave enough to wear them, by all means. R&C

                                  To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: macinyugo-macinyugo@...
                                  Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 21:32:32 -0700

                                  Is it a Kilt event?  Mac