Geocacher finds 40 year old wallet, then owner

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2004
      I read this story and thought it was a good one.
      A Swedish geocacher, hguo, was searching for the cache PHTG when he found an 40 year old wallet next to the cache. He started trying to locate the owner. In the wallet did he find bus ticket, photo of a school class and some more papers. He found the name of the owner, but he had some problems locating her.

      Finally he found her. She had moved from Sweden to USA, and she was going back to Sweden in a couple of weeks.

      I used to work as a news photographer and I told a former collegue, and a good friend of mine (the same person who introduced us into geocaching) about this story. Today did the owner of the wallet turn up in Gļæ½teborg, Sweden and met the geocacher who found the wallet. It was about 40 years ago it disapperead, but she couldn't remember the disappearence. But she found the key to her diary that she had to destroy the locker to open. wink.gif

      Hguo, who found the wallet, went together with Maj-Britt (name of wallet owner) and fotojoc (the photograph) to the hidingplace of the cache and wallet, and took some photos.

      This story will be published tomorrow in one of Swedens largest evening newspaper.

      But wait, the story is not over. The woman tells everybody that her kids, living in the US, are geocachers!! Isn't that funny?

      Here is a link to the cache, where you can find hguo logs and notes about the wallet, and also fotojoc log today with photo of everything!
      PHTG