Re: [NUTS] Fires

  • Jenn Oates
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 13, 2008
      I'm glad to hear it!

      On Jul 13, 2008, at 12:42 PM, <redhawk2853@...> wrote:

      Just a quick update and sigh of relief. Obviously your thoughts and prayers have worked. The weather has cooperated and the Camp Fire near Paradise is reduced to spot fires on the east side of the Feather River. The fire did NOT jump and the fuel is being consumed. All evacuations have been lifted in the Paradise area, except for a precautionary evac on the south end of town along Pentz Rd. to the Durham-Pentz Highway. Concow is still under immediate evacuation notice, as they try to get a containment line around the fire. The focus of some of the personnel and equipment here can now shift to the Concow area and the Belden Fire up Highway 70. It's actually cool and somewhat clear here today. No one is letting down their guard and vigilance is the watch word. Thanks again for all the offerings of support. You folks are so great! Rock&Crystal

    • bnbschneider2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 13, 2008
        We are so glad to here via our e-mail the good news.We on are way to BC,and presnetly in white salmom wash.whata view of Mt. Hood .We will check on you nuts the next place we have wifi  Bud andBarb  OE3 Retiree

        Just a quick update and sigh of relief. Obviously your thoughts and prayers have worked. The weather has cooperated and the Camp Fire near Paradise is reduced to spot fires on the east side of the Feather River. The fire did NOT jump and the fuel is being consumed. All evacuations have been lifted in the Paradise area, except for a precautionary evac on the south end of town along Pentz Rd. to the Durham-Pentz Highway. Concow is still under immediate evacuation notice, as they try to get a containment line around the fire. The focus of some of the personnel and equipment here can now shift to the Concow area and the Belden Fire up Highway 70. It's actually cool and somewhat clear here today. No one is letting down their guard and vigilance is the watch word. Thanks again for all the offerings of support. You folks are so great! Rock&Crystal

      • Michael Brill
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 13, 2008
          --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Jenn Oates <wildoates56@...> wrote:

          > I'm glad to hear it!
          >

          > On Jul 13, 2008, at 12:42 PM, <redhawk2853@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Just a quick update and sigh of relief. Obviously your thoughts and
          > > prayers have worked. The weather has cooperated and the Camp Fire
          > > near Paradise is reduced to spot fires on the east side of the
          > > Feather River. The fire did NOT jump and the fuel is being
          > > consumed. All evacuations have been lifted in the Paradise area,
          > > except for a precautionary evac on the south end of town along
          > > Pentz Rd. to the Durham-Pentz Highway. Concow is still under
          > > immediate evacuation notice, as they try to get a containment line
          > > around the fire. The focus of some of the personnel and equipment
          > > here can now shift to the Concow area and the Belden Fire up
          > > Highway 70. It's actually cool and somewhat clear here today. No
          > > one is letting down their guard and vigilance is the watch word.
          > > Thanks again for all the offerings of support. You folks are so
          > > great! Rock&Crystal

          Fantastic news! It looks like many, many prayers have been answered.
          We'll continue to keep y'all in our prayers.

          Cache & Keri