Re: [NUTS] New cache (type) in Chico

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
      O.k.  one more guess, is it the new leave a cheeseburger, take a cheeseburger cache?  I'm just not sure if these are going to catch on.  Some of us would enjoy it but not everyone.  They are also better in the summer because a burger in an ammo can in the sun heats to just the right temperature.

      nelson143@... wrote:
      Nope...and no more guessing :)  I'll bet you are the kid who found the presents in your parent's closet 3 days before Christmas :P
      lol
      Ed
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
        We have already had a cheeseburger-type cache here with "The X Spot" (now acrchived).
        It's the only cache I have been to 177 times.
        Ed

        it wouldn't be an E_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e would it...you guys are really quick!  Looking forward to something new.
        Mike
        Jim Olson <ka6aru@...> wrote:
        No comment... lol
        Jim
        Julie and I (with help from ka6aru-Jim) have submitted a new cache (and cache type) in Chico. It should be a fun one. No details/spoilers here about it. We are just waiting for it to be approved (4 days and counting).

        Ed & Julie
        The Badge & the Butterfly

      • Chuck Murphey

          it wouldn't be an E_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e would it...you guys are really quick!  Looking forward to something new.
          Mike
          Jim Olson <ka6aru@...> wrote:
          No comment... lol
          Jim
          Julie and I (with help from ka6aru-Jim) have submitted a new cache (and cache type) in Chico. It should be a fun one. No details/spoilers here about it. We are just waiting for it to be approved (4 days and counting).

          Ed & Julie
          The Badge & the Butterfly

        • George
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
            I heard that this cache is a "pinch" cache. You drive through a
            designated spot in Chico and the radar nails you at 27 MPH in a 25 MPH
            zone. The officer gives you a citation and you multiply the number of
            the section volated by a certain factor, the you multiply the cost of
            the fine by another factor. This gives you the coordinates for the
            cache. FTF gets his or her fine paid, the rest of us just get to log it.