Re: [NUTS] Re: Paradise

  • thrak
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2008
      From the Chico Enterprise Record - http://www.chicoer.com

      By Saturday evening containment was estimated at about 45 percent, with about 3,000 residences still threatened. Seventy-four homes had been destroyed and 20 others damaged. At least eight outbuildings were also lost. Full containment was expected by 6 p.m. Monday. Those fighting the blaze totaled 3,826 people, 10 helicopters, eight air tankers, 22 bulldozers and 521 engines.

      Holly wrote:

      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups. com, "geospyder" <geospyder@. ..> wrote:

      > Just spotted this on the CNN site: Thousands Evacuated From
      > <http://www.kcra. com/news/ 16584192/ detail.html> Butte County -
      Sacramento
      > News Story - KCRA Sacramento Anyone local know any more? There are
      a few
      > of the NUTS group that live in that area. Sure hope all is OK with
      them.

      > Jim (geospyder)

      I hope everybody fared well out of this, it seems the fire season is
      starting really early again this year.