Paradise

  • geospyder
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2008

      Just spotted this on the CNN site:  Thousands Evacuated From Butte County - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento  Anyone local know any more?  There are a few of the NUTS group that live in that area.  Sure hope all is OK with them.

      Jim (geospyder)

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2008
        Think a few NUTS folks may be in the evacuation group on the south side of town (DJTeam for one). Most of us are toward the north end of town, and still safe (until the wind shifts). Our park across the street (Night Eyes Too) is full of horses from the surrounding areas, and a stream of horse trailers have been pouring in all day. Lots of caches are lost for sure. We head to the GBES Rally tomorrow, if we can get out of town. No power for much of the day. Crystal had to come home via a nasty high clearance road from highway 32 inorder to get home from work tonight... it's our town's emergency "escape route" for the 65,000+ folks on the ridge here. 75% of the cars (or should we say the drivers) in Paradise couldn't make it up that road. "It's a fire trap"! Maybe now they'll do something about improving it... or NOT! Well, atleast she got some practice for the rally! Hold a good thought for those already burned out (between 20-40 homes).  Thanks for checking on us NUTS, Rock&Crystal

        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
        From: geospyder@...
        Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:58:25 -0700
        Subject: [NUTS] Paradise

        Just spotted this on the CNN site:  Thousands Evacuated From Butte County - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento  Anyone local know any more?  There are a few of the NUTS group that live in that area.  Sure hope all is OK with them.

        Jim (geospyder)

      • Ed
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 2008
          Sorry to read of the danger and loss in your area.

          I leave today to help folks with the opposite problem... my Alabama Southern Baptist Disaster Relief volunteer team is headed for Cedar Rapids Iowa with our mobile kitchen and emergency radio communications trailer to feed and assist flood victims.

          I hope things work out and you will stay safe.
          Ed

          To: nuts_@yahoogroups. com
          From: geospyder@sbcglobal .net
          Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:58:25 -0700

          Just spotted this on the CNN site:  Thousands Evacuated From Butte County - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento  Anyone local know any more?  There are a few of the NUTS group that live in that area.  Sure hope all is OK with them.

          Jim (geospyder)

        • Holly
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 15, 2008
            --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "geospyder" <geospyder@...> wrote:

            > Just spotted this on the CNN site: Thousands Evacuated From
            > <http://www.kcra.com/news/16584192/detail.html> Butte County -
            Sacramento
            > News Story - KCRA Sacramento Anyone local know any more? There are
            a few
            > of the NUTS group that live in that area. Sure hope all is OK with
            them.

            > Jim (geospyder)

            I hope everybody fared well out of this, it seems the fire season is
            starting really early again this year.
          • thrak
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 15, 2008
              From the Chico Enterprise Record - http://www.chicoer.com

              By Saturday evening containment was estimated at about 45 percent, with about 3,000 residences still threatened. Seventy-four homes had been destroyed and 20 others damaged. At least eight outbuildings were also lost. Full containment was expected by 6 p.m. Monday. Those fighting the blaze totaled 3,826 people, 10 helicopters, eight air tankers, 22 bulldozers and 521 engines.