GW6 Question...

  • penguincacher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
      Hi all you nuts! I'm a lurker from Virginia who was very fortunate to
      have been able to attend GW6! I had a great time, got to meet up with
      friends scattered about the country. You guys did an excellent job,
      and was completely impressed with how everything ran througout the
      weekend...

      The question I have: Does anyone know what the name of how the auction
      items were held is called? I'm talking about where you purchase
      tickets and place them in front of the jar of the item you wanted. I'm
      sure there is a name for that process, but I can't seem to find it. I
      absolutley love how this was done/handled and would like to do it at
      our annual event here in Virginia.

      Thanks for any help!
      Ann
      Penguincacher
    • Gary McElroy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
        It's called a Chinese auction.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_auction
        Blucruz

        --- penguincacher <penguincacher@...> wrote:

        > Hi all you nuts! I'm a lurker from Virginia who was
        > very fortunate to
        > have been able to attend GW6! I had a great time,
        > got to meet up with
        > friends scattered about the country. You guys did
        > an excellent job,
        > and was completely impressed with how everything ran
        > througout the
        > weekend...
        >
        > The question I have: Does anyone know what the name
        > of how the auction
        > items were held is called? I'm talking about where
        > you purchase
        > tickets and place them in front of the jar of the
        > item you wanted. I'm
        > sure there is a name for that process, but I can't
        > seem to find it. I
        > absolutley love how this was done/handled and would
        > like to do it at
        > our annual event here in Virginia.
        >
        > Thanks for any help!
        > Ann