Re: [NUTS] New cache (type) in Chico

  • Jim Olson
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
      No comment... lol
      Jim
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 7:09 AM
      Subject: [NUTS] New cache (type) in Chico

      Just a heads up for the N.U.T.S....

      Julie and I (with help from ka6aru-Jim) have submitted a new cache (and cache type) in Chico. It should be a fun one. No details/spoilers here about it. We are just waiting for it to be approved (4 days and counting).

      Ed & Julie
      The Badge & the Butterfly

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
        it wouldn't be an E_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e would it...you guys are really quick!  Looking forward to something new.
        Mike
        Jim Olson <ka6aru@...> wrote:
        No comment... lol
        Jim

      • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
          Nope...and no more guessing :)  I'll bet you are the kid who found the presents in your parent's closet 3 days before Christmas :P
          lol
          Ed
          it wouldn't be an E_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e would it...you guys are really quick!  Looking forward to something new.
          Mike
          Jim Olson <ka6aru@...> wrote:
          No comment... lol
          Jim

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
            My lips are sealed...
            Nothing more from me... Sorry... Ed has spoken... lol
            Jim
            Nope...and no more guessing :)  I'll bet you are the kid who found the presents in your parent's closet 3 days before Christmas :P
            lol
            Ed
            it wouldn't be an E_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e would it...you guys are really quick!  Looking forward to something new.
            Mike
            Jim Olson <ka6aru@...> wrote:
            No comment... lol
            Jim

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
              O.k.  one more guess, is it the new leave a cheeseburger, take a cheeseburger cache?  I'm just not sure if these are going to catch on.  Some of us would enjoy it but not everyone.  They are also better in the summer because a burger in an ammo can in the sun heats to just the right temperature.

              nelson143@... wrote:
              Nope...and no more guessing :)  I'll bet you are the kid who found the presents in your parent's closet 3 days before Christmas :P
              lol
              Ed
              it wouldn't be an E_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e would it...you guys are really quick!  Looking forward to something new.
              Mike
              Jim Olson <ka6aru@...> wrote:
              No comment... lol
              Jim

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
                We have already had a cheeseburger-type cache here with "The X Spot" (now acrchived).
                It's the only cache I have been to 177 times.
                Ed

                it wouldn't be an E_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e would it...you guys are really quick!  Looking forward to something new.
                Mike
                Jim Olson <ka6aru@...> wrote:
                No comment... lol
                Jim
                Julie and I (with help from ka6aru-Jim) have submitted a new cache (and cache type) in Chico. It should be a fun one. No details/spoilers here about it. We are just waiting for it to be approved (4 days and counting).

                Ed & Julie
                The Badge & the Butterfly

              • Chuck Murphey
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
                  Hey I will go for the cheeseburger cache. I did X- Marks Spot (Two of my favorite foods) the but now it is gone.
                  Thewoodchuck

                  it wouldn't be an E_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e would it...you guys are really quick!  Looking forward to something new.
                  Mike
                  Jim Olson <ka6aru@...> wrote:
                  No comment... lol
                  Jim
                  Julie and I (with help from ka6aru-Jim) have submitted a new cache (and cache type) in Chico. It should be a fun one. No details/spoilers here about it. We are just waiting for it to be approved (4 days and counting).

                  Ed & Julie
                  The Badge & the Butterfly

                • George
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
                    I heard that this cache is a "pinch" cache. You drive through a
                    designated spot in Chico and the radar nails you at 27 MPH in a 25 MPH
                    zone. The officer gives you a citation and you multiply the number of
                    the section volated by a certain factor, the you multiply the cost of
                    the fine by another factor. This gives you the coordinates for the
                    cache. FTF gets his or her fine paid, the rest of us just get to log it.