GeoWoodstockVI

    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2008
      Hi all you NUTS out there!
      I just wanted to remind you that it's not too late to register for GeoWoodstockVI. You can register at www.geowoodstockvi.com . We would love to have all of our friends from the NUTS group there with us. It does not cost anything to register and you receive a free dinner if you pre-register. You do not have to volunteer to do anything (although no volunteer will be turned down )

      This will be a mega-event so if you have not attended a mega before, you even get a new icon on your geocaching profile if you attend.

      There will lots of games and activities including:
      Soak a Reviewer (dunk/splash tank)...who wouldn't want to participate in this
      gold panning...free for kids 16 and under, small fee for adults and you get to keep a gold sample
      kids letterbox search...prize given to each child who completes the challengs
      GeoBINGO...raffle ticket given for each BINGO
      Name the Cacher...identify geocachers from a collage of well knowns and prizes given for top finishers
      Blind Coin Swap...put in an un-activited coin and grab an un-activated coin
      GeoBUNKO...Bunko game, money buy in
      Auctions....proffessional auctioneer will be auctioning off some big ticket items
      and more.

      There will also be live entertainment, geocaching classes, and vendors selling coins and other collectibles,

      Point being...it will be an amazing day with something to interest everyone. Several of the folks from Groundspeak will even be serving food so if you ever wanted to meet Jeremy and the other Geocaching.com lackeys, here is the perfect opportunity!

      Happy caching!
      Gail (Escapades)
    • thrak

        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2008
          I am working the meet and greet on Friday night! Stop by and say Hi :-)

          Jenn aka Logan Clan

          Message 4 of 7 , May 19, 2008
            For those who need more event-cache info:

            5/21/2008 Wed 6-9 GC1BC8N
            Round Table Stabler Lane Yuba City

            5/22/2008 Thurs 6PM till 9PM. GC1A6A6
            Bill's Place 417 4th St. Wheatland, CA (Decrypted Hints)

            5/23/2008 Fri 2pm to 8pm GC1A9N0 Friday Night Meet & Greet at Royer
            Park, Roseville.
            Dinner 5-7, raffle at 6:45

            5/24/2008 sat GeoWoodstock VI GC134MJ
            Wheatland 9am-6:60pm (per the GWVI site's event schedule as of this
            morning at http://www.geowoodstockvi.com/News/article/sid=16.html)

            5/24/2008 8pm-11pm GC1A5ZP
            Hilton Garden Inn1951 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661(916) 773-7171

          • JeoMc5@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , May 21, 2008
              Thanks for the leg work,

              I just got back in town and that was on my to-do list.

              Hope to catch most of them,

              Kilted of course,

              Jeo

              For those who need more event-cache info:

              5/21/2008 Wed 6-9 GC1BC8N
              Round Table Stabler Lane Yuba City

              5/22/2008 Thurs 6PM till 9PM. GC1A6A6
              Bill's Place 417 4th St. Wheatland, CA (Decrypted Hints)

              5/23/2008 Fri 2pm to 8pm GC1A9N0 Friday Night Meet & Greet at Royer
              Park, Roseville.
              Dinner 5-7, raffle at 6:45

              5/24/2008 sat GeoWoodstock VI GC134MJ
              Wheatland 9am-6:60pm (per the GWVI site's event schedule as of this
              morning at http://www.geowoods tockvi.com/ News/article/ sid=16.html)

              5/24/2008 8pm-11pm GC1A5ZP
              Hilton Garden Inn1951 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661(916) 773-7171

              --- In nuts_@yahoogroups. com, "Jennifer Logan" <knitwit_momma@ ...> wrote:

              > I am working the meet and greet on Friday night! Stop by and say Hi :-)
              >
              > Jenn aka Logan Clan

            • BootyBuddies
              Message 6 of 7 , May 21, 2008
                 Yay for Kilts!

                Elk Grove Treasure Hunters put together this great bookmark list:
                http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=cf717570-21d0-4a16-9b85-58dbffaee201

              • lucinda s rafter
                Message 7 of 7 , May 21, 2008

                  Great idea! What a treat for the cachers coming in from out of town and me too! Locals will appreciate this as well! We will all see ya there!

                  Luc Pockets