Re: [NUTS] SD Card for Ireland

  • scottforde@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7 8:22 PM
      I think they are looking at a Garmin MetroGuide® Europe v9 mico sd maps :D.

      If you want the Gamin to do autorouting you should get the
      City Navigator Europe since the MetroGuide doesn't have that capability but that is listed for $300 retail. You can get it cheaper than the Garmin retail list price however.

      Scott
      -40-

      On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Gary McElroy <gsmcelroy@...> wrote:

      ????? $170.00 ?????
      That's rediculous, where are they that price? I have a
      2gb micro sd that I paid $29.00 for over a year ago.
      Blu

      --- Pat & Nancie Patterson <wyntoon2000@...>
      wrote:

      > The wife and I are planning on taking a trip to
      > Ireland in June of
      > this year.
      >
      > Does anyone have a micro SD card for a Garmin 60CSx
      > they want to sell?
      >
      > I just hate paying $170 for a card we will only use
      > for 10 days.
      >
      > Please e-mail if you do. Thank You PatNanz

    • thrak
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 7 8:35 PM
        Actually, there are a number of references in the geocaching.com forums to autorouting with Metroguide. You have to use another program. One such program is MetroWizzz from geodude.nl which is supposed to add autorouting to Metroguide. Myself, I went with CityNavigator.

        --- Pat & Nancie Patterson <wyntoon2000@ yahoo.com>

        http://tc.deals. yahoo.com/ tc/blockbuster/ text5.com

      • scottforde@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 7 8:39 PM
          It looks like that product only allows for autorouting on the PC - not autorouting on the garmin directly based on their website. There doesn't appear to be a way to transfer the autoroute from the PC to the garmin.

          So unless you are planning on taking a laptop the CityNavigator is about the only option for autorouting on the 60CSx.

          wrote:

          > The wife and I are planning on taking a trip to
          > Ireland in June of
          > this year.
          >
          > Does anyone have a micro SD card for a Garmin 60CSx
          > they want to sell?
          >
          > I just hate paying $170 for a card we will only use
          > for 10 days.
          >
          > Please e-mail if you do. Thank You PatNanz

        • Pat Patterson
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 7 10:03 PM
            This is the card we are looking for

            City Navigator UK & Ireland on microSD/transflash
            List Price $182.13
            MegaGPS: $169.99

            On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 8:35 PM, thrak <thrak@pacbell. net> wrote:
            Actually, there are a number of references in the geocaching.com forums to autorouting with Metroguide. You have to use another program. One such program is MetroWizzz from geodude.nl which is supposed to add autorouting to Metroguide. Myself, I went with CityNavigator.

            I think they are looking at a Garmin MetroGuideĀ® Europe v9 mico sd maps :D.

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 7 10:38 PM
              It would probably be cheaper to rent a GPS in Ireland that already had maps loaded. Have you considered looking into this possibility?

              Pat Patterson wrote:

              This is the card we are looking for

              City Navigator UK & Ireland on microSD/transflash
              List Price $182.13
              MegaGPS: $169.99

            • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 8 6:06 AM

                You could try the UK forums to see if someone knows where to find one to borrow or purchase:

                http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=35

                Or the GPS Garage Sale:

                http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=13

                Or the GPS Units and Software forum:

                http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=11

                Hope this helps!!
                Ed & Julie

                City Navigator UK & Ireland on microSD/transflash
                List Price $182.13
                MegaGPS: $169.99

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 8 7:21 PM
                  Both Metrogold and Metrowizz are programs to do exactly that - allow you to autoroute on the GPS using Metroguide.  I haven't really gotten into the detail but you can check them out here:
                  http://www.geodude.nl/community/content/view/15/31/

                  wrote:

                  > The wife and I are planning on taking a trip to
                  > Ireland in June of
                  > this year.
                  >
                  > Does anyone have a micro SD card for a Garmin 60CSx
                  > they want to sell?
                  >
                  > I just hate paying $170 for a card we will only use
                  > for 10 days.
                  >
                  > Please e-mail if you do. Thank You PatNanz

                  http://tc.deals. yahoo.com/ tc/blockbuster/ text5.com

                • Pat & Nancie Patterson
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 12, 2008
                    The Wife and I would like to thank all the NUTS who helped us to find
                    the SD Card for Ireland that we were looking for....We saved will over
                    $100....If anyone is going to Ireland after July 10th and can the SD
                    Card let us know....Thank you again everyone....PatNanz