Re: [NUTS] Introduction

  • pamela shelton
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 13, 2008
      It is always great to hear of a new cacher in the area.  I wish I would have thought about posting  our whereabouts earlier.  We look forward to seeing your name on the logs.  Good luck and happy hunting!!
      usafwife4ever <usafwife4ever@...> wrote:
      Hello,

      Just wanted to introduce myself and my family. My name is Trisha, my
      husband is Jason, and we have 2 kids (12 & 9), we are deanfamily97.
      We are new to the Yuba City area and to geocaching. My husband is in
      the Air Force and was transferred to Beale AFB last May.

      I have heard of geocaching before, but didn't really know what it
      was. I heard a coworker talking about it a couple of months ago and
      knew my family would love it.

      We went out for the first time after Christmas and loved it. We are
      looking forward to learning more about it and getting better so we
      can hunt for harder finds. :-)

      What an awesome family activity to get everyone out of the house and
      seeing the great outdoors.

      Any tips for newbies? I think our biggest challenge being a fmaily of
      four is being inconspicious.

    • pamela shelton
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 13, 2008
        With our without kids, go with the clipboard!!  You will look like either a college class, some old fogey looking at trees, or a church youth group. No matter what, it works!!
        Warren Harding <warrenh2002@...> wrote:
        Every member of a geocaching group has something valuable they can contribute.  My talent, for example, is using a potbelly to block off view of those watching from a distance.
        47Dad47

        To: nuts_@yahoogroups. com
        From: wildfirebuff@ sbcglobal. net
        Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:30:13 -0800
        Subject: Re: [NUTS] Introduction

        We have four children and they are great to have. No one ever wonders "what
        are they doing?" Just kids being kids climbing crawling peeking and
        sneaking. And they usually can see better than Mom and me.

        Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more