Re: [NUTS] Introduction

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 7, 2008
      Welcome! We have been caching with our daughter (12) since April of 2003. Kids are actually quite handy to have around when caching, they can look under things and not look conspicuous where an adult may cause a second glance. People expect kids to be inquisitive so if they are looking and/or climbing under, in, on and around things chances are nobody will look twice. Also, caches hidden in public parks are much easier with kids in tow. Somehow adults sneaking around looking in bushes near a children's playground just doesn't look right. This is just about the greatest family activity ever invented!

      If you haven't yet, be sure to get to know UtChaz & Family. He is also stationed at Beale.
      Gail (Escapades)

      usafwife4ever <usafwife4ever@...> wrote:
      Hello,

      Just wanted to introduce myself and my family. My name is Trisha, my
      husband is Jason, and we have 2 kids (12 & 9), we are deanfamily97.
      We are new to the Yuba City area and to geocaching. My husband is in
      the Air Force and was transferred to Beale AFB last May.

      I have heard of geocaching before, but didn't really know what it
      was. I heard a coworker talking about it a couple of months ago and
      knew my family would love it.

      We went out for the first time after Christmas and loved it. We are
      looking forward to learning more about it and getting better so we
      can hunt for harder finds. :-)

      What an awesome family activity to get everyone out of the house and
      seeing the great outdoors.

      Any tips for newbies? I think our biggest challenge being a fmaily of
      four is being inconspicious.

    • Jason Wallace
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 7, 2008
        We have four children and they are great to have. No one ever wonders "what
        are they doing?" Just kids being kids climbing crawling peeking and
        sneaking. And they usually can see better than Mom and me.
      • Warren Harding
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 7, 2008
          Every member of a geocaching group has something valuable they can contribute.  My talent, for example, is using a potbelly to block off view of those watching from a distance.
          47Dad47

          To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
          From: wildfirebuff@...
          Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:30:13 -0800
          Subject: Re: [NUTS] Introduction

          We have four children and they are great to have. No one ever wonders "what
          are they doing?" Just kids being kids climbing crawling peeking and
          sneaking. And they usually can see better than Mom and me.

          Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more
        • Jason Wallace
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 7, 2008
            And I thought I had that unique talent all to myself!! LOL
          • bert or pat hall
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 7, 2008
              Welcome aboard!  It's a way of life around here with a great bunch of fanatics.  (Well...some of them. :-))  If I can ever be of help, let me know.
              YFBTanky

              Just wanted to introduce myself and my family. My name is Trisha, my
              husband is Jason, and we have 2 kids (12 & 9), we are deanfamily97.
              We are new to the Yuba City area and to geocaching. My husband is in
              the Air Force and was transferred to Beale AFB last May.

              I have heard of geocaching before, but didn't really know what it
              was. I heard a coworker talking about it a couple of months ago and
              knew my family would love it.

              We went out for the first time after Christmas and loved it. We are
              looking forward to learning more about it and getting better so we
              can hunt for harder finds. :-)

              What an awesome family activity to get everyone out of the house and
              seeing the great outdoors.

              Any tips for newbies? I think our biggest challenge being a fmaily of
              four is being inconspicious.

            • MATT AND STEPHANIE MOORE
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 7, 2008

                WELCOME~

                   You will certainly love this sport/hobby….. be careful though it is addicting!! *smiles*  We have three children and usually a friend tagging along so no worries about being inconspicuous… the kids do provide the distraction.  And the more eyes the better!  Have fun and if you venture up north to the Chico area email us before you come and we can give you some suggestions if you like.

                Redvoodoo

                Matt and Stephanie

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 13, 2008
                    With our without kids, go with the clipboard!!  You will look like either a college class, some old fogey looking at trees, or a church youth group. No matter what, it works!!

                    To: nuts_@yahoogroups. com