boodlebuggy and DaBomb

  • boodlebuggy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2007
      To my geocaching friends,

      My Saturday morning was interesting, a bit more so than normal.
      Supergeofish emailed me about an Auburn Journal article
      titled, "Suspected pipe bomb gives Auburn a scare" with the
      subtitle, "Taped object reminder of unsolved 2005 case". The alert
      Supergeofish figured out that this "bomb" was one of my geocaches, a
      plastic "Emerald Nut" jar with duct tape for silver camo since it was
      hidden in a guard rail. This was at the end of overflow parking and
      the nearest structure was hundreds of yards away. Apparently the
      bomb squad spent several hours resolving the issue.

      I immediately closed our blinds, checked to see if the law was
      surrounding our home, and started to figure out which third world
      location did not have an extradition agreement. Instead, I
      remembered that we couldn't afford to run from the law to exotic
      locations, such as Wheatland, and decided to turn myself over to the
      authorities.

      Mrs. boodlebuggy called the police chief and confessed on my behalf.
      At times like this, I am happy that my wife is a respected Auburn
      area citizen and a fellow Rotarian and friends with the APD Chief.
      Case solved! As part of the plea, we will be training the Auburn
      Police Department in Counter-Geocaching Training.

      Have fun, but not as much as I have....
      Marty
      Mr. boodlebuggy
    • cinrafter
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2007
        It's me...Lus Pockets. Love the aritical recarding the Auburn Jounal.
        Made me need to be more carefull as I purchaced the perfect cache
        container today at the Roseville Auction, Had a good giggle with this.

        Luc Pockets

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2007
          Scary ain't it. "You know you are amongst the elite cachers when the bomb squad goes after your geocache."  Quote from JoGPS (founder of GeoWoodstock) in comforting response to our grief over the loss of our memorial cache "Mr. Jug" to the bomb squad back in late June. We are about to place a memorial cache to the memorial cache. I'm also working on a t-shirt, in memory... Rock

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2007

            Here is a log I wrote today for a cache I found in a rock hole.  It was a foot long length of PVC capped at both ends with a “fuse” (loop of cord to pull it out of the hole) on one end.

             November 4 by geospyder (2184 found)
            Some day I wouldn't be surprised to hear "Drop the bomb and place your hands above your head." Took noting - left nothing. Thanks for the hide.

            Jim (geospyder)