Re: [NUTS] "got GW VI?" t-shirts

  • Bill Hoke
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 15, 2007
      Heres a photo of the shirt . Rock seems upset about
      something but I could be wrong. ;-p
      --- redhawk2853@... wrote:

      > Hi folks, for those of you who may have missed the
      > amazing combination event of RCGDS/NUTS (or is it
      > NUTS/RCGDS?) we are sorry to have missed you. We
      > also "unveiled" our first GW VI t-shirt. This is
      > ONLY for those who plan to volunteer for one or more
      > of the many tasks that will be required to make this
      > the best GeoWoodstock EVER. They will NOT be offered
      > to the general public. Most important, all profit
      > from the sale of this apparel will go to the many
      > costs of putting on this great event.
      >
      > The white t-shirts have a familiar black oval on the
      > front and it says "got GW VI?" in the oval, and on
      > the back is a target also in black with "Wheatland,
      > CA" wrapped above the target and "May 24, 2008"
      > around the bottom of the target. These can be in a
      > variety of styles, but as Henry Ford said of the
      > model T, "any color so long as it is black"
      > (lettering, and white cloth). The price for a
      > standard t-shirt is $11 on good quality "ultra
      > cotton". Hats (ball caps) are also available at $15.
      > There are spaghetti strap, baby dolls, tank tops,
      > and even sweatshirts, all at additional cost.
      >
      > Please contact Rock of Rock&Crystal at
      > redhawk2853@... for more information, or to
      > email your PayPal payment. We will be putting in our
      > first order for these t-shirts early this week, so
      > if you want to be "the first on your block" to have
      > one please order now so we can have them ready for
      > our next RCGDS and NUTS events (in November). For
      > the NUTS folks, apologies for not getting our NUTS
      > apparel out yet. Things have been chaotic and I MUST
      > to go back to school to figure out the ins and outs
      > of CafePress. BTW, looking for a tutor! :o)
      >
      > Thanks so much for your contributions to "the
      > cause", Rock

    • cinrafter
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 15, 2007
        Rock & Crystal,

        I planned on attending Saturday's event but things just have not been
        working out as of late. I would love to help but don't have a clue as
        to what is still needed. I live 3 1/2 mile from Bishop's so I can
        help out the day before and or the early morning of the big event!
        Let me know what I can do to help.

        Luc Pockets
        Lucinda

        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 15, 2007
          Where's the photo!!!???? Of course I was upset... when I tried to strip down to the t-shirt they yelled at me to put it all back on!! LOL You'd be upset too!! R

          --- redhawk2853@ msn.com wrote:

          > Hi folks, for those of you who may have missed the
          > amazing combination event of RCGDS/NUTS (or is it
          > NUTS/RCGDS?) we are sorry to have missed you. We
          > also "unveiled" our first GW VI t-shirt. This is
          > ONLY for those who plan to volunteer for one or more
          > of the many tasks that will be required to make this
          > the best GeoWoodstock EVER. They will NOT be offered
          > to the general public. Most important, all profit
          > from the sale of this apparel will go to the many
          > costs of putting on this great event.
          >
          > The white t-shirts have a familiar black oval on the
          > front and it says "got GW VI?" in the oval, and on
          > the back is a target also in black with "Wheatland,
          > CA" wrapped above the target and "May 24, 2008"
          > around the bottom of the target. These can be in a
          > variety of styles, but as Henry Ford said of the
          > model T, "any color so long as it is black"
          > (lettering, and white cloth). The price for a
          > standard t-shirt is $11 on good quality "ultra
          > cotton". Hats (ball caps) are also available at $15.
          > There are spaghetti strap, baby dolls, tank tops,
          > and even sweatshirts, all at additional cost.
          >
          > Please contact Rock of Rock&Crystal at
          > redhawk2853@ msn.com for more information, or to
          > email your PayPal payment. We will be putting in our
          > first order for these t-shirts early this week, so
          > if you want to be "the first on your block" to have
          > one please order now so we can have them ready for
          > our next RCGDS and NUTS events (in November). For
          > the NUTS folks, apologies for not getting our NUTS
          > apparel out yet. Things have been chaotic and I MUST
          > to go back to school to figure out the ins and outs
          > of CafePress. BTW, looking for a tutor! :o)
          >
          > Thanks so much for your contributions to "the
          > cause", Rock

        • Bill Hoke
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007
            Sorry Rock,
            I keep getting a failure notice due to the size of the
            photo. I;ll send it to you andmaybe you can post it.
            Bill

            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007
              Too big for this dial up connection. Can you crop the picture and get it down to a reasonable size, now ya got my curiosity up. LOL Rock

              --- redhawk2853@ msn.com wrote:

              > Where's the photo!!!???? Of course I was upset...
              > when I tried to strip down to the t-shirt they
              > yelled at me to put it all back on!! LOL You'd be
              > upset too!! R

            • Blonde & Dangerous
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007
                Bill,

                You can send the pic to us and we'll optimize it and get the kb's down to
                post it. We use Paint Shop Pro so we can crop it also. We promise not to
                change the colors or add anything to it.

                Rosemary

                --- redhawk2853@... wrote:

                > Where's the photo!!!???? Of course I was upset...
                > when I tried to strip down to the t-shirt they
                > yelled at me to put it all back on!! LOL You'd be
                > upset too!! R

                Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!
                Yahoo! Groups Links
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007
                  I'm starting to get skeered of this picture!! Rock

                  --- redhawk2853@ msn.com wrote:

                  > Where's the photo!!!???? Of course I was upset...
                  > when I tried to strip down to the t-shirt they
                  > yelled at me to put it all back on!! LOL You'd be
                  > upset too!! R

                • thrak
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007
                    Open the picture. Do a "Save As" and change the format to .jpg and the resultant file should most likely be small enough to send in email.

                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007
                      OK Rock
                      I've forwarded it a couple of folks hopefully they'll
                      have some luck
                      Bill

                    • erin@inreach.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007

                        Trying again.  See if this works.

                        ErSamin

                        --- redhawk2853@ msn.com wrote:

                        > Where's the photo!!!???? Of course I was upset...
                        > when I tried to strip down to the t-shirt they
                        > yelled at me to put it all back on!! LOL You'd be
                        > upset too!! R

                      • Jenn Oates
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007
                          He does look darned frightening there, doesn't he?

                          Hee hee!

                          --- redhawk2853@ msn.com wrote:

                          > Where's the photo!!!???? Of course I was upset...
                          > when I tried to strip down to the t-shirt they
                          > yelled at me to put it all back on!! LOL You'd be
                          > upset too!! R

                          <got gw6.jpg>

                        • Lil Devil
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007
                            Who's that good-looking girl behind him?
                            Set me up!

                            On Tuesday, October 16, 2007, you wrote:

                            > He does look darned frightening there, doesn't he?
                            > Hee hee!
                            >
                            > On Oct 16, 2007, at 8:00 PM, <erin@...> wrote:
                            >

                            > Trying again. See if this works.
                            >

                            > ErSamin
                          • Jenn Oates
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007
                              She's hitched, sorry, LD.  :)

                            • JeoMc5@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 16, 2007
                                In case you get "GWVI"  there still may be a cure, just talk to your doctor.

                                Badaboom    :P

                                Jeo

                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 17, 2007
                                  Hey, thank everybody. Pulling this thread off topic is sure making it difficult to keep track of the t-shirt orders that are coming in via this thread!! About the picture... not much sleep lately 'cause we GOT this GW VI thing!  LOL Rock