Re: [NUTS] Re: Mistakes people make

  • JeoMc5@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
      Add in a khaki or olive drab floppy hat and a clipboard and you are set.

      Of course having a work truck and orange cones helps as well :D

      Hide in plain sight and act like you've been there done that.

      Jeo

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
        Pith Hemet, black trash bag, and a pick up tool also works.

      • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
          An orange vest will render you completely invisible to muggles, also.
          Ed

          Pith Hemet, black trash bag, and a pick up tool also works.

          I usually wear khakis that look like I'm working, get taken as a ranger or worker depending on the locale.  While I'm searching I am either ignored or they ask directions.  It works.
          Tanky

          > Had a funny? incident occur with one of caches yesterday. Cachers
          > were observed approaching the cache, opening it, putting something in,
          > taking something out and departing southbound on I-5. A couple of our
          > local boys saw this and good citizens that they were took down all of
          > the particulars and notified the police of an obvious "drug drop" as
          > the police started out, the locals decided to check the box and one of
          > the boys who happens to be a friend of my son recognized it as a
          > geocache and embarrassed called the police off.
          >
          > Try not to look too furtive as you access caches.

          I have always worried about my husband and mine's appearance when it
          comes to caching. We have plenty of tattoos and piercing wandering
          around strange locations looking sketchy . We always joke that people
          must think we are "picking up" drugs and that we will be in the local
          police blotter the next day. But, we try to be as inconspicuous as
          possible. Great note!

        • thrak
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
            Coming out of the bushes with your fly gaping wide open (and not knowing about it) isn't real good for stealth. Don't ask me how I know............... :-[