Re: Mistakes people make

  • munchi_chi3
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2007
      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Kemp" <garykemp@...> wrote:

      > Had a funny? incident occur with one of caches yesterday. Cachers
      > were observed approaching the cache, opening it, putting something in,
      > taking something out and departing southbound on I-5. A couple of our
      > local boys saw this and good citizens that they were took down all of
      > the particulars and notified the police of an obvious "drug drop" as
      > the police started out, the locals decided to check the box and one of
      > the boys who happens to be a friend of my son recognized it as a
      > geocache and embarrassed called the police off.
      >
      > Try not to look too furtive as you access caches.

      I have always worried about my husband and mine's appearance when it
      comes to caching. We have plenty of tattoos and piercing wandering
      around strange locations looking sketchy. We always joke that people
      must think we are "picking up" drugs and that we will be in the local
      police blotter the next day. But, we try to be as inconspicuous as
      possible. Great note!