Geo Woodstock VI

  • Roamingbull
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
      Ive been a bit out of touch and came along to check out what was up
      on the NUTS site. I was surprised to see that the event is closer
      than I thought. Cool deal. But I know nothing about it. I would like
      to help but the only day I know of so far is the 13th of October. I
      gathered that from some of the posts on the forum. Is this date an
      organizational work shop event or is this the main event? As you can
      tell I am in the dark. I do work on the 13th, and it is too late for
      me to get that day off unfortunately, but the main event is a multi
      day event right? If so I can plug myself in to another day or two.

      Anyway if someone could clue me in, I can see where and what I can
      do to help. I am pretty sure that my better half would also like to
      pitch in, but as I write this, she is also not up on current events.

      I know of a country band that does gigs fairly reasonable and they
      are pretty good. The Holcomb Brothers Band out of Grass Valley are
      friends of mine. I could see if they may be available.

      Please feel free to email me at eightsecondsrbust_rcb@... or
      give me a call if you have my number.

      Thanks!
      -Tony
    • Lil Devil
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
        Tony,
        Please don't be confused.

        GeoWoodstock VI will be an international event held on May 24, 2008 at
        Bishop's Pumpkin Farm in Wheatland.
        http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC134MJ

        The October Pumpkin Bash is a local event on October 13, 2007 at the same
        location.
        http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC15X7K

        The purpose of the October event is so all the locals can get to know the
        venue and get a sneak peek at what is in store for the big event.
        Keep in mind, though, that next May we (geocachers) will have exclusive use
        of the farm. In October, the farm is open to the public and we will have to
        share the place with thousands of muggles.

        As far as days, the big event will take place all day Saturday. There will
        also be a "Meet & Greet" event at a park in Roseville on Friday afternoon.
        There will also be off-site organized caching activities on Sunday. Much
        more information will be available soon when the new website is online.

        Regarding the band, please contact Escapades directly as they are in charge
        of Games & Activities. But keep in mind that like the original Woodstock,
        this is a free event ;-)

        Lil Devil
        Co-Chairman, GeoWoodstock VI

        On Thursday, September 27, 2007, you wrote:

        > Ive been a bit out of touch and came along to check out what was up
        > on the NUTS site. I was surprised to see that the event is closer
        > than I thought. Cool deal. But I know nothing about it. I would like
        > to help but the only day I know of so far is the 13th of October. I
        > gathered that from some of the posts on the forum. Is this date an
        > organizational work shop event or is this the main event? As you can
        > tell I am in the dark. I do work on the 13th, and it is too late for
        > me to get that day off unfortunately, but the main event is a multi
        > day event right? If so I can plug myself in to another day or two.
        >
        > Anyway if someone could clue me in, I can see where and what I can
        > do to help. I am pretty sure that my better half would also like to
        > pitch in, but as I write this, she is also not up on current events.
        >
        > I know of a country band that does gigs fairly reasonable and they
        > are pretty good. The Holcomb Brothers Band out of Grass Valley are
        > friends of mine. I could see if they may be available.
        >
        > Please feel free to email me at eightsecondsrbust_rcb@... or
        > give me a call if you have my number.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > -Tony
        >

        > Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Roamingbull
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2007
          Thanks Lil Devil, That was all I needed to know for now. I will make
          contact with the band, they frequently do free stuff. Then Ill see
          if it will work on the committee's end.

          Thanks again for the reply, I was thinking I really missed the ball
          on that. Now I have something to plan for and get time off if need
          be.

          Tony