Red Jeep Travel Bug

  • Blonde & Dangerous
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 28 6:11 PM
      For those that have not found one yet, I've just started on it's journey.
      Don't know if it's legal to tell you where. Let's just say it's somewhere
      between Vina and Redbluff.

      Anyone want to tell me what the rules are for this?

      Rosemary
    • cinrafter
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28 7:11 PM
        O.K., I am new to geocaching and brand new to N.U.T.S. and really to
        not understand this email. I don't care much if this is not legal but
        need to know what you me about the journey. I all in for an new
        journey. Please explain.

        Luc Pockets
        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Blonde & Dangerous" <cachebox@...> wrote:

        > For those that have not found one yet, I've just started on it's
        journey.
        > Don't know if it's legal to tell you where. Let's just say it's
        somewhere
        > between Vina and Redbluff.
        >
        > Anyone want to tell me what the rules are for this?
        >
        > Rosemary

      • geospyder
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 28 7:33 PM

          Nothing legal or illegal about travel bugs except stealing them.  Once they are in a cache, they whole world knows since the TB shows on the cache listing.   The big thing is to keep them moving within 7-10 days, preferably in the direction of their goal if they have one.  Oh yeah – one other thing – don’t forget to log the TB drop and retrievals ;-)

          Jim (geospyder)

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 28 7:39 PM
            Hi there,
            I don't know how new you are to geocaching but will assume that you aren't familiar with travel bugs in general. Travel bugs are typically items owned by geocachers with a dog tag attached that contains a tracking number or could just be the dog tag, not attached to anything. The Red Jeep Travel Bug is a the same thing, only not owned by anyone in particular and are part of a contest that Jeep has going where the prize is a Brand New Jeep (2008 Jeep LIberty). See http://jeep.geocaching.com/  for more details

            As far as whether of not it is okay to say where you placed it, there is no rule against doing so and I don't believe that anyone would frown upon sharing that information. I think that would only help move it along quicker.

            Have a great day!
            Gail (Escapades)

          • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 28 8:36 PM
              Actually, jeep travel bugs (all of them, including red, yellow, green, and white ones) are owned by Jeep (in conjunction with Groundspeak.com).

              They are all meant to move from cache-to-cache like regular travel bugs...not end up in people's personal collections.

              Here is the frequently asked questions about travel bugs:

              How to log a TB:

              About the red jeep contest:

              cinrafter <cinrafter@yahoo. com> wrote:
              O.K., I am new to geocaching and brand new to N.U.T.S. and really to
              not understand this email. I don't care much if this is not legal but
              need to know what you me about the journey. I all in for an new
              journey. Please explain.

              Luc Pockets
              --- In nuts_@yahoogroups. com, "Blonde & Dangerous" <cachebox@.. .> wrote:

              > For those that have not found one yet, I've just started on it's
              journey.
              > Don't know if it's legal to tell you where. Let's just say it's
              somewhere
              > between Vina and Redbluff.
              >
              > Anyone want to tell me what the rules are for this?
              >
              > Rosemary

            • Blonde & Dangerous