Re: [NUTS] Fwd: [RCGS-list]: Trevor is in the hospital

  • thrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2007
      Is there any update on this? Snake bites can be nasty...........

      Escapades wrote:
      Hi all,
      Forwarding this message to the NUTS group as many of you know or have met Trevor of TRAKD also as a reminder that even the experienced geocacher needs to take precautions.
      Gail (Escapades)

      Note: forwarded message attached.

      Subject:
      [RCGS-list]: Trevor is in the hospital
      From:
      BootyBuddies <bootybuddies42@...>
      Date:
      Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:33:13 -0700 (PDT)
      To:
      River City Geocaching and Dining Society <rcgs-list@...>
      To:
      River City Geocaching and Dining Society <rcgs-list@...>

      I received an email through work this afternoon that Trevor of TRAKD was bitten by a rattlesnake while geocaching and is in the Intensive Care Unit of the Hospital.  I e-mailed Debbie his wife and received the reply below.

      Keep Trevor in your thoughts and prayers and watch out for Snakes!

      Bill

      Hi Bill,

      Trevor is having a rough time.  Good thoughts etc. are appreciated.  It is ok with me (and him) to let RCGDS know, and especially to warn cachers again about the danger of snakes.  Trevor was not doing anything more dangerous than prudent cachers do every day.  He dropped a log and reached down to pick it up and was bitten by a 1.5-2 ft rattler that never rattled....  He was out in a relatively open area at Folsom Lake.  I don't know more details about which cache etc, but perhaps Shelly does.  Trevor is still receiving antivenom over 48 hours after the bite and the doctors say " he is not out of the woods"  He does not want any visitors at this time, but I will keep you posted if that changes.  Thank-you for your concern.

      Debbie

      -

      Be a PS3 game guru.
      believed to be clean.