Re: [NUTS] GC148CC

  • thrak
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15, 2007
      Having a son who is in a wheelchair I can tell you that very few caches I've found are actually wheelchair accessible. Additionally, what is accessible for one person in a wheelchair often isn't accessible for another person in a wheelchair since disabilities vary so widely.  You may be able to roll up to within 2 feet of the cache and still not be able to reach it from a wheelchair. It's safest to just go with a 1.5 anyway.

      I just did a cache out of state that was rated a 1/1 and it should have been rated a 2/1 or even possibly a 2.5/1. Lots of people don't use the terrain ratings properly so you really can't blame the reviewers for being watchful. I'd rather have Krypton question the rating than have a reviewer who just let folks list caches with a terrain of 1 when they require rock climbing and such.

      Char Mansfield wrote:
      I just got a note from Krypton advising me that terrain 1 was reserved for wheelchair accessible caches.  I just launched GC148CC Paradise Foreign Coin Exchange with a 1 terrain, but Krypton asked me to change it to a 1.5, which I did.  As you NUTS visit it, please advise me about the terrain rating.  I know the coordinates are a bit off, as I said in the description, but just use your geosense.  I think it's pretty easy to find and there isn't really any place else nearby it could be.
      Thanks, NUTS.
      Plunk's Froggy