Re: [NUTS] GC148CC

  • Tag
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13, 2007
      I agree with Jenn and they only make a suggestion.  There is also the wheelchair attribute that could be added to the terrain 1 caches which won't flag the reviewer.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 13, 2007
        I believe all caches submitted generate a message from the Reviewers reminding the cache owner about appropriate ratings (whether it's correct or not)

        Here is the standard (Clayjar's rating tool, approved by Groundspeak)

        More info on caching with disabilities can be found at www.handicachers.com

        A terrain rating of 1 should be wheelchair accessible right up to the cache, and be able to be found, recovered, and replaced from the wheelchair.

        The coordinates being off and the ease of find falls under the difficulty rating.

        Ed & Julie

        I just got a note from Krypton advising me that terrain 1 was reserved for wheelchair accessible caches.  I just launched GC148CC Paradise Foreign Coin Exchange with a 1 terrain, but Krypton asked me to change it to a 1.5, which I did.  As you NUTS visit it, please advise me about the terrain rating.  I know the coordinates are a bit off, as I said in the description, but just use your geosense.  I think it's pretty easy to find and there isn't really any place else nearby it could be.
        Thanks, NUTS.
        Plunk's Froggy

      • thrak
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 15, 2007
          Having a son who is in a wheelchair I can tell you that very few caches I've found are actually wheelchair accessible. Additionally, what is accessible for one person in a wheelchair often isn't accessible for another person in a wheelchair since disabilities vary so widely.  You may be able to roll up to within 2 feet of the cache and still not be able to reach it from a wheelchair. It's safest to just go with a 1.5 anyway.

          I just did a cache out of state that was rated a 1/1 and it should have been rated a 2/1 or even possibly a 2.5/1. Lots of people don't use the terrain ratings properly so you really can't blame the reviewers for being watchful. I'd rather have Krypton question the rating than have a reviewer who just let folks list caches with a terrain of 1 when they require rock climbing and such.