Re: [NUTS] Butte County Bomb Squad called out on a geocache

  • thrak
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 20, 2007
      Which media? TV or newspaper?

      Ed & Julie wrote:

      ps: The news media was there...

    • thrak
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 20, 2007
        I'd have to guess it was either

        Queen of Hearts "Don't Shoot! Paradise" GCY58Z

        or else

        Mr. Jug GCNJV1

        Ed & Julie wrote:

        I was contacted today by my co-worker on the Butte County Explosive
        Ordenance Disposal team, and he told me that they got a call-out when a
        fire investigator found a "small cammo-taped container hanging by a
        wire in a tree" near the site of a recent fire on the Skyway near the
        golf course.

        The bomb squad was called out and they destroyed the micro to render it
        safe. This is standard operating procedure for all suspicious
        containers.

        The officer said afterwards he was was able to read the logsheet, with
        signatures between 2005 and April 2007.

        Ed
        (Ed & Julie)

      • Ed & Julie
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 20, 2007
          I'm thinking "Mr. Jug" with a log that goes back to 2005.

          Ed
        • Ed & Julie
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 20, 2007
            --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Ed & Julie" <nelson143@...> wrote:

            > I was contacted today by my co-worker on the Butte County Explosive
            > Ordenance Disposal team, and he told me that they got a call-out
            when a
            > fire investigator found a "small cammo-taped container hanging by a
            > wire in a tree" near the site of a recent fire on the Skyway near
            the
            > golf course.
            >
            > The bomb squad was called out and they destroyed the micro to
            render it
            > safe. This is standard operating procedure for all suspicious
            > containers.
            >
            > The officer said afterwards he was was able to read the logsheet,
            with
            > signatures between 2005 and April 2007.
            >
            > Ed
            > (Ed & Julie)

            I thought thay blew it up, but I saw the news clip, and it looks like
            it wasn't.

            Ed
          • Gary McElroy
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 20, 2007
              I doubt it was mine, mine isn't a hanger. It's just
              sitting under a rock.
              Blu

              --- Ed & Julie <nelson143@...> wrote:

              > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Ed & Julie"
              > <nelson143@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I was contacted today by my co-worker on the Butte
              > County Explosive
              > > Ordenance Disposal team, and he told me that they
              > got a call-out
              > when a
              > > fire investigator found a "small cammo-taped
              > container hanging by a
              > > wire in a tree" near the site of a recent fire on
              > the Skyway near
              > the
              > > golf course.
              > >
              > > The bomb squad was called out and they destroyed
              > the micro to
              > render it
              > > safe. This is standard operating procedure for all
              > suspicious
              > > containers.
              > >
              > > The officer said afterwards he was was able to
              > read the logsheet,
              > with
              > > signatures between 2005 and April 2007.
              > >
              > > Ed
              > > (Ed & Julie)
              > >

              > I thought thay blew it up, but I saw the news clip,
              > and it looks like
              > it wasn't.
              >
              > Ed

            • Lindda Maeding
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 21, 2007
                Hey, what do I have to do to get my Gnome for
                Christmas blown up?

                Seriously, 911 sure has made changes in our daily
                lives.... I don't blame law enforcement for not taking
                chances but geocaching should be common knowledge by
                now for them. Unless time is a key element or this is
                a statigic placement, it seems that a quick research
                would calm their concerns. A small cannister in the
                woods is unlikely to be a bomb since there is not a
                target. I am not sure how I would handle this if I
                were in charge.

                Congrats to the NUTS for virtually sweeping the team
                awards at the GBES rally. Way to go. It was rougher
                this year and I liked that...not everyone feels that
                way.

                Have fun
                Marty

                Luggage? GPS? Comic books?