Re: [NUTS] Re: [RCGS-list]: Ummmm Am I a blnde or what?

  • jerryw38@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2007
      I am sure that the retired gentleman will have at least 50 in that area within the month.  LOL

      From: "bert or pat hall" <bnphall@...>

      Since RCGDS and NUTS are cohosting the event, maybe this is the middle
      ground. Make Wheatland your focal point and look at the surrounding caches.
      If we could only get Beale to open up!
      Tanky

      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2007
        I'm sure he already HAS 50 in there... at least!! :o)  Rock

        I am sure that the retired gentleman will have at least 50 in that area within the month.  LOL

        > Wheatland is correct for the site of the "main event"
        > on Saturday. Other venues in the Sacramento area are
        > possible for Friday Night Meet and Greet, Sunday
        > events, etc.
        >
        > If the powers that be said that GW6 would be in
        > Wheatland, everybody would say, "Huh? Where's that?"
        > Sacramento is a much more familiar name.
        >
        > Teachermom aka Sharyn
        > --- Charles & Stephanie <irvinehome@sbcgloba l.net>
        > wrote:
        >
        >> I just noticed how close the GW6 was to our home
        >> coords.
        >>
        >> So I check them out on GE and what do I see?
        >>
        >> It isn't Sac that is hosting the get together but
        >> Wheatland.
        >>
        >> Is this so?
        >>
        >> Bishops is the coolest place to go for pumpkins and
        >> the suck; in fact I just
        >> took Aurora there last week for the "Hamburger Farm"
        >>

        >> --
        >> believed to be clean.
        >>

        > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Building
        > a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the
        &g t; tools to get online.
        > http://smallbusines s.yahoo.com/ webhosting
        >
        > --
        > believed to be clean.

      • Chaz & Steph
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2007
          I sure hope he does, I need some more local caches… LOL

          Seriously though it isn't easy to place caches in Wheatland; I had a
          run in with one that involved the Police Chief and me having to
          remove the cache entirely.

          As a side note to all those placing caches in the Wheatland area it
          might be wise to go through the Police Department to let them know
          where they are and also make sure you ask and/or let anyone whom
          might live/work near them know also.

          He gave me a stern talking to and asked I give this info out to the
          local populace of cachers.

          I'm sure if the committees need a go between I can go speak with him;
          we're already aware of each other so it might make things less
          problematic.

          Happy caching everyone,
          Chaz

          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2007
            Chaz that is already on the "to do" list and we sure appreciate your input and the heads up. We will be in touch with ALL police and emergency agencies in the greater area... and PARTICULARLY with Wheatland PD long before GWVI. Your "breaking trail" might make you a real valuable part of the team that will be connecting with them. Maybe someone can convince the Chief to allow a cache to be placed INFRONT of the police station. It has worked in other communities as a great way to promote good will. There's one in Medford, OR  that is not only in front of the police station... the Department actually provides the swag and maintains the cache... now THAT is good will!!! But if your mug is on the post office wall... ya might want to skip that one! :o) Rock

          • JeoMc5@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2007
              Agreed, it would be a good idea for "someone" to contact them and let them know what is going on and the benefits of all the tourism and such. Also, that way they could let us know what is off limits and mabe even have a local paper or news station cover the event. This event will be too big to ignore especially in Wheatland, so the sooner the better.  IMHO.

              Local Headlines
              "Aliens with GPSrs Invade Wheatland"
              "This is not the cache you're looking for"
              "Mostly Harmless"

              Jeo