Re: [NUTS] Re: New name

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
      Rock&Crystal kinda like Plunk's Froggy, C4B & Rock also like 1Froggy. Good luck with this, can't imagine the powers that be will give you much grief. R&C

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
        The name change policy was changed last year.
        Users are no longer allowed to change their names at will anymore.
        You will need to contact Groundspeak and see if they will change it for you.
        Ed

        wrote:

        > Since I've still been logging as Plunk & Froggy, quite a few folks
        have asked me, "Where's Plunk"? To avoid making me and others
        uncomfortable, I'm thinking of changing my geocaching name. I know
        that geocaching.com doesn't usually do name changes, but I hope they
        will in this case.
        > I've thought of
        > Plunk's Froggy
        > Just Froggy
        > 1Froggy
        > Let me know which you think is best or give me your ideas.
        > Thanks all you NUTS.
        > Char

        > Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      • dawn mateo

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
            From the Groundspeak FAQ:

            Markwell
            post Aug 28 2006, 02:58 PM
            How can I change my user name?
            You can't.

            You used to be able to, but this announcement explained that you can't anymore due to software issues. If you WANT to change your name early on in the game, you can open a new account, relog everything and delete the old logs, and transfer ownership of caches using the adoption page. If you need to transfer your premium membership, send an e-mail to contact@.... But according to that announcement, name changes will no longer be able to be done. So - choose wisely.