Spenceville meeting

  • Roamingbull
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2007
      I wanted to bring somthing to everyones attention thay may not know
      about.

      There is going to be a board hearing on May 15th at 915 8th street
      Marysville at 6:00 pm to discuss possible future developments that
      could affect the Spenceville wildlife area. Currently from what I
      gather there is a big housing development being proposed near the
      Beal AFB. It would bring in about 5000 new homes with 14,000 people
      on the boundaries with primary access through the wildlife area. I
      guess it has been approved by the Yuba County planning commission
      and it has been appealed to the Board of Supervisors. This meeting
      is a chance to learn more and become involved if one so wishes to do
      so.

      The Friends of spenceville have spearheaded the appeal along with
      some others. it should be an informative meeting at the least. I
      bring this to your attention as the spenceville Wildlife area is a
      very huge geocaching friendly location that I know most of us have
      enjoyed. I for one would like it to stay that way for as long as
      possible.

      I will be there as I am still in the information gathering mode and
      hope to maybe see some of you out there too.

      -Tony