Re: [NUTS] Alleged pipe bomb may have been a geocache

  • BootyBuddies
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2007
      I have never seen a pipe bomb and do not know what they look like.  I guess it's because I had a sheltered childhood or don't hang out with gangsters or am not in the public protection business.  I suspect there are other cachers out there who are creating caches with what they have on hand who would not know a pipe bomb from a hole in the ground.

      Are they all made out of PVC?  Is there a web site with photos so those of us who are naive can avoid creating caches that look like them?

      Debby

      thrak <thrak@...> wrote:
      I've always thought that PVC caches were a bad idea due to their likelihood of being mistaken for a bomb.  I found one next to a bridge along an old stretch of highway that was a very large section of PVC. The bridge is still used by cars too so I was especially surprised to find the cache there and have it be of that type. In my opinion, it's just a BAD idea to make a cache that looks like a pipe bomb.

      Shel Brabrook wrote:
      This one is close to home:

      http://www.redding. com/news/ 2007/apr/ 04/alleged- pipe-bomb- may-have- been-a-geocache/

      Bored stiff? Loosen up...