Re: [NUTS] Never get poison oak rash again
- I read this is not true for PO and related plants like ivy and sumac.A quick search for these:Myth 2. If you eat poison ivy, you'll be protected from it in the future.
False. It's difficult to imagine how such a dangerous myth became so widespread. Eating poison ivy can result in a serious reaction and can even be fatal. Still, every year, students repeat this myth beginning, "My uncle says..." or "My Papaw says..."Myth: If I eat poison ivy, I'll become immune to it in the future.
Reality: This is not only untrue, but it can be lethal. Eating poison ivy can cause a potentially fatal allergic reaction. Some animals, including deer, happily eat poison ivy with no ill effects.----- Original Message -----From: HuntnladySent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:35 PMSubject: [NUTS] Never get poison oak rash again
I don't know how many people I have told this to, or if anyone besides me ever tried it, but eating the poison oak leaves before you get the rash will prevent it. I have been doing it for ten years now. Before then I would get the rash so bad I would need a cortizone shot at the emergency room.Now, whenever I am in the woods, I seek out new growing leaves of PO and take a single leaf, put it on my tongue, and swallow it with water.Works like a charm. Its a homeopathic remedy, but I learned it from my grandmother. The native Americans never broke out in a rash because they were always in it, would weave the roots into their baskets to make black stripes, and got the juice when they ate food out of the baskets. The half-whites had to eat the leaves on purpose to avoid getting the rash.HuntnladyDeer laugh when they hear my name!
It's here! Your new message!
Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.