Re: [NUTS] Few: Heart Attack Slide Show - Worth 45 Seconds of Your Time

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 8, 2007
      OK, silly me! That's what I get for forwarding what SEEMED to be important information. So the American Heart Assoc. doesn't teach it or recommend it... so,,, what do they know. anyway?! LOL Sorry folks... NEVERMIND!   Rock

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 8, 2007

        Hey – your heart was in the right place (pun intended).

        Jim (geospyder)

        OK, silly me! That's what I get for forwarding what SEEMED to be important information. So the American Heart Assoc. doesn't teach it or recommend it... so,,, what do they know. anyway?! LOL Sorry folks... NEVERMIND!   Rock

        I have dropped the slide show into JPGs if you want to see them.  They are at http://timebender. com/heart if you are interested, as well as a clean powerpoint slideshow.  Right-click and save if you want the powerpoint slide.

      • Casagrande
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 8, 2007
          But Rock, You've got us looking and learning and as a person with risk factors
          I appreciate the nudge. So no need to apolize in my opinion. Any info we get should
          be examined and researched before we believe. I still haven't read it all or watched the
          slides but I will.

          Anne

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 8, 2007

            Definite agreement here with what Anne says!  There is a lot of stuff out there, much of it good-intentioned.  In fact some of the other references noted during a search were known cardiac orgs who shared the information as well.  I think it is good to be aware of this and to consider taking a course on CPR.  Much new training surrounds AEDs and their use.  They are becoming much less expensive and widely available, and they can make a huge difference in many cases of cardiac arrest!

            And of course going out and chasing after a good Scoobert cache or two would be great medicine as well!

            bryan (The SKWERL)