Re: [NUTS] congrats...

  • dawn mateo
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 5, 2007
      Congrats!!!!! Thats a big mile marker!

      MATT AND STEPHANIE MOORE <pakrbakr@...> wrote:
      CONGRATULATIONS!

      To frivlas on 4000 on one of our caches, super job!

      Redvoodoo

      ___

      always stay connected to friends.

    • Arnold Maas
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 7, 2007
        Just a note to let you know that I just tried to play the slide show. Norton Anti Virus says it has a virus  in it!!! and wont let it open. Arnold (S.A.R 29)

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 7, 2007
          Thanks SAR 29, Oh great! Thank God it didn't go through then. Guess we will have the virus, our Norton didn't filter it out. Sent it to the NUTS and GBES. It came from a relative who works in the hospital in Woodland. So sorry, first and last "send along" for us!! Too bad, it had important information, well presented, on surviving a heart attack while alone. :o( Sorry folks, R&C

          Just a note to let you know that I just tried to play the slide show. Norton Anti Virus says it has a virus  in it!!! and wont let it open. Arnold (S.A.R 29)

          Believe this is a first ever for me, to forward any email message, even under threat of permanent bad luck, but the message is so important I had to send it along. Hope it goes through. It's painfully hard when we lose a friend, a family member, a fellow cacher!!!  Be a friend to yourself and to all of us, we want you around a long time... just remember this simple procedure. I've had a few friends I wish had known this. Take a couple of seconds, thanks Rock

          Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
          in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

        • Casagrande
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 7, 2007
            I tried to find it online using the key words in the subject line. Possibly
            your relative in Woodland could supply the source of the presentation.
            I would like to see it.

            Thanks,
            Anne

            redhawk2853@... wrote:
[...]

            Never miss an email again!
            Yahoo! Toolbar

          • Casagrande

              Just a note to let you know that I just tried to play the slide show. Norton Anti Virus says it has a virus  in it!!! and wont let it open. Arnold (S.A.R 29)

              Believe this is a first ever for me, to forward any email message, even under threat of permanent bad luck, but the message is so important I had to send it along. Hope it goes through. It's painfully hard when we lose a friend, a family member, a fellow cacher!!!  Be a friend to yourself and to all of us, we want you around a long time... just remember this simple procedure. I've had a few friends I wish had known this. Take a couple of seconds, thanks Rock

              Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
              in the Yahoo! Answers Food Drink Q&A.

              Never miss an email again!
              Yahoo! Toolbar

              TV dinner still cooling?

            • Yar?Yar!
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 7, 2007
                I have dropped the slide show into JPGs if you want to see them.  They are at http://timebender.com/heart if you are interested, as well as a clean powerpoint slideshow.  Right-click and save if you want the powerpoint slide.
              • Bryan Wright
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 7, 2007

                  I hadn’t realized what this was about until seeing the PPS that Yar?Yar! posted…..

                  Not trying to be a wet blanket, but FYI…

                  http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4535

                  http://www.redcross.org/faq/0,1096,0_381_,00.html#686

                  http://www.resus.org.uk/pages/coughCPR.htm

                  You can Google this one and find more than you ever wanted to read. There are apparently documented cases in monitored, clinical settings where this may have worked.  Both reference the Criley study mentioned in some of the internet articles. The UK Resuscitation Council states the grim reality:  “The BLS/AED Subcommittee knows of no evidence that, even if a lone patient knew that cardiac arrest had occurred, he or she would be able to maintain sufficient circulation to allow activity, let alone driving to the hospital. “

                  Disclaimers:  While I know CPR (I used to be an AHA BLS instructor and have had the misfortune to be in a position to administer it a couple of times), I’m most certainly not a doctor, nor an expert on the subject.  YMMV.  Don’t read this while operating heavy machinery, etc.

                  bryan

                  I have dropped the slide show into JPGs if you want to see them.  They are at http://timebender.com/heart if you are interested, as well as a clean powerpoint slideshow.  Right-click and save if you want the powerpoint slide.

                    I have dropped the slide show into JPGs if you want to see them.  They are at http://timebender. com/heart if you are interested, as well as a clean powerpoint slideshow.  Right-click and save if you want the powerpoint slide.

                  • geospyder
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 8, 2007

                      Hey – your heart was in the right place (pun intended).

                      Jim (geospyder)

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 8, 2007
                        But Rock, You've got us looking and learning and as a person with risk factors
                        I appreciate the nudge. So no need to apolize in my opinion. Any info we get should
                        be examined and researched before we believe. I still haven't read it all or watched the
                        slides but I will.

                        Anne

                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 8, 2007

                          Definite agreement here with what Anne says!  There is a lot of stuff out there, much of it good-intentioned.  In fact some of the other references noted during a search were known cardiac orgs who shared the information as well.  I think it is good to be aware of this and to consider taking a course on CPR.  Much new training surrounds AEDs and their use.  They are becoming much less expensive and widely available, and they can make a huge difference in many cases of cardiac arrest!

                          And of course going out and chasing after a good Scoobert cache or two would be great medicine as well!

                          bryan (The SKWERL)