Re: [NUTS] NUTS geocoins

  • rich sasek
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 8, 2007
      Rock,
      I would love to get one of those coins, but unfortunatly I will not be able to make it due to livine in Arcata now. Let me know where to send the $$ and I will give you my local address here.

      Rich
      $jester

      redhawk2853 <redhawk2853@...> wrote:
      Hello all you NUTS :o) We are proud to announce the arrival of our
      NUTS geocoins, (and a big THANKS to BluCruz & Family for their help
      in achieving our goal). We will be having an event in Chico on March
      3rd from 2-6 pm (watch for event notice... hopefully before the
      Thursday GroundSpeak "nearby new caches list" goes out). The coins
      will be $8.50 at the event. If we need to ship the coins it will cost
      an additional $1.50 for the first coin and $.50 for each additional
      coin. No coins will be shipped before the event. There will be a
      limit of coins per person, to be determined. We will have pictures
      shortly at the event page (GC10TW6)... it isn't approved yet but
      should be shortly. Priority will go to those who attend and if you
      can't make it you can make arrangements to prepay and we will ship
      them to you. We think the coins are beautiful and there are 230 in
      shiny gold, 10 in silver, and 10 in antique copper. The latter will
      be auctioned and given as "thank yous" for those who put the big
      effort into this project. The nuts are in the shape of a walnut (of
      course), on end with the loop suitable for hanging around the neck
      like fine jewelry. :o) The front says "WE'RE N.U.T.S. (NUTS in large
      letters) ABOUT GEOCACHING" and the G.C. com tracking number. On the
      back at the top "CALIFORNIA" , our NUTS logo in the middle, and 2007
      or the left and the generic G+ logo on the right. Lettering is Black
      and the geocaching colors (orange, blue, green, yellow) are in the
      NUTS logo and the generic logo. Better yet, why not come on down and
      check them out for yourselves. After the event the coins will be made
      available to the general caching public and maybe the EBay public,
      too. So if you want one (or more) don't miss the opportunity. ..
      you'll say "AWWW NUTS!!" when you spot on of them on EBay for $45!
      Cache Happy, Rock&Crystal

      Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 8, 2007
          We'd like to get at least 3 of them!

          Can't wait to see them though :(

          Chaz

> [...]
        • Roamingbull
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 10, 2007
            Wow a new coin, and an event that I am not working!! I will put that
            on my calender and yes, please put me down for one of the coins.
            8.50 is a great price. You would have to be NUTS not to buy one. Oh,
            shoot that might be a conflict hu? Looking forward to the event, Ill
            be looking for the listing.

          • bintigger@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 11, 2007
              we would like to get  3 of these coins and will try hard to make it to the event. We are in the process of moving  to another area and return on weekends to continue to pack and try to get house empty. Keep us posted

              Thank you
              Geotigger

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 13, 2007
                Save a couple for the Tankys, please.