Wow SKWERL

  • Casagrande
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
      WOW and CONGRATULATIONS  to SKWERL for finding a cache in all 17 Nevada Counties (GCRWTZ ). Only 6 people have accomplished this feat  (and you're still ahead of us but it's not about the numbers, right?)

      Anne and Gary (CASAS)

    • Trevor Anderson
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
        CONGRATS!  That is awesome... Let alone it was in NV!  Great job... what is next?

        Casagrande <alilcasa@...> wrote:
        WOW and CONGRATULATIONS  to SKWERL for finding a cache in all 17 Nevada Counties (GCRWTZ ). Only 6 people have accomplished this feat  (and you're still ahead of us but it's not about the numbers, right?)

        Anne and Gary (CASAS)

      • Bryan Wright
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006

          Well CASAS had passed me briefly right around Thanksgiving (not that I was looking J), and I’m sure they’ll make that permanent before too long!  On the bright side, I’ve been passed by some really great people and Anne and Gary are certainly no exception to that list!!!

          Next challenges Trev?  Well, I have to admit that the last trip also allowed me to bag a few more quads (six or seven J) for the NV DeLorme Challenge.  Since it is my cache I don’t plan on logging it, but it will still be fun to complete it eventually.  I have to admit, the more I cache in NV, the more I enjoy it.  Ironically, whenever I’m there, I drive right through Reno (and in this case Vegas as well), bypassing literally hundreds of caches to go off into the hinterlands.  Something about finding an ammo can on top of a mountain after getting a nice set of NV pinstripes installed on the jeep is very satisfying….

          Come to think of it, I’m surprised some of the resident N.U.T.S. from up around Paradise haven’t been back to finish this one off yet J

          The SKWERL

          Casagrande <alilcasa@...> wrote:

          WOW and CONGRATULATIONS  to SKWERL for finding a cache in all 17 Nevada Counties (GCRWTZ ). Only 6 people have accomplished this feat  (and you're still ahead of us but it's not about the numbers, right?)

          Anne and Gary (CASAS)

        • Jenn Oates
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
            Don't forget that beautiful view of the Milky Way we had that night on the way back to the hotel!!!!  Can't remember the name of the cache, but the sky was magnificent.

            That was gorgeous, no lie.  You just don't get that kind of view of the night sky in the big city.

            We won't talk about that DNF in the rocks, though.  Grrrr.

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
              Hey SKWERL, Actually some of the resident NUTS from Paradise have been busy frying bigger fish... er, ah... challenges! (See our cached States map in our profile). We've managed to grab a few more NV counties but we will be back for the rest in the Spring LOVE that State!! Would have been nice if the NV Counties challenge had been out there when we did the NV DeLorme!!  LOL R&C

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
                And by BTW, mucho congrats from us on your accomplishment, Brian. Rock&Crystal

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
                  Too funny!  Not sure why you didn't bag Hawaii while you were in Alaska--they're right next to each other on the States map :-) :-)  Hoping to add TX to my list this week (figured I mind as well while I'm here).  Just gotta get the work folks to cooperate and let me out for long enough to do it!

                  Then again, there are a few counties in Southern CA that I haven't cached yet either :-)

                  Good luck with your quest--you guys are N.U.T.S.!

                  The SKWERL

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006

                    Where in Texas , Bryan ?  We have a daughter that lives up in Wichita Falls, TX.  We’ll be visiting during the Holidays.  Just hoping all the ice has melted by the time we get there.  Not looking forward to the drive from DFW to Wichita Falls if there is ice.

                    Jim (geospyder)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
                      Actually in the Austin area.  Ironically the hotel is just down the road from Dell headquarters :-)

                      You're right, that would be "wonderful" drive :-)

                      b.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 5, 2006
                        Congrats Brian. Aren't these statewide caches just a hoot? What a
                        great opportunity to explore a region and learn so much history and
                        geology in an area.
                        I didn't check but I hope you did some of our caches in Lyon, Douglas
                        or Mineral counties? I placed them in my dirt bike riding areas where
                        there are some great views or something of interest to see.
                        Thanks again for all your volunteer work for the group.
                        Dennis and Dorothy
                        2Dee2Dee