Re: [NUTS] Oct Event

  • thrak
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 21, 2006
      For that date (or any date this time of year) outdoors is getting pretty risky. Li's Chinese has the virtues of being indoors and having the banquet room provided without an extra fee. They also understand about Tanky sticking up coordinates. :-)

      The only thing about them is that, if you want chopsticks, you had best bring your own. I usually have to hassle them at the front desk for some "to go" chopsticks. Not a big deal and I can certainly bring a pair of two of the "to go" type for my self and that cranky guy -- oh yeah, Tanky! -- who also eats with them.

      I wonder if there will ever come a day ---- FAR in the future ---- when I'll go to one of these events and get a golden nut. At the rate I'm moving these days I'll probably be about 100 years old before that happens! It seems that most of the N.U.T.S. have slowed way down on their caching. I hope that's a trend that can be reversed.

      -Thrak-

      redhawk2853@... wrote:
      hi all - crystal here - rock has been out of town for the better part of the last two weeks hunting up north, but is enroute home as i type...yes, a november event is in the works for the 18th, but as far as venue goes, its up in the air...we too were thinking of falling back on the chinese place in oroville...sounds like escapades are having the same idea, so it sounds good to us....any other thoughts?  i believe rock was going to make some phone calls after he returns home and will do so unless it has been done already....

      can't wait to see you all again soon :)

      crystal (&rock)

      From: <gsmcelroy@sbcglobal .net>

      Another thing to remember is that RCGDS(River City Geocaching and Dining Society) usually have their events on the 2nd Saturday of every month. Because a lot of the NUTS are members of RCGDS as well, we do not want to schedule a NUTS event that interferes with a RCGDS event. Nov. 11th & Dec. 9th have already been tapped for RCGDS events. Blu

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 21, 2006
        The Chinese place was great, I'd go for that.  BTW Thrak, I have my own gold plated chopsticks that match my gold plated nuts.
        YFB

        From: <gsmcelroy@sbcglobal .net>