RE: [NUTS] Adopting Caches

  • Bryan Wright
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 10, 2006
      Here is the online form that person can use to allow you to adopt the cache.

      http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

      If he puts the cache ID (GCxxxx) on the first page, it will take him to a
      form where he can list your geocaching name. You will be sent a message,
      and when click "accept" the process is complete!

      The SKWERL

      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 7 11:27 PM
        Howdy All,

        It looks as though he has finally done it... RP has hid his #500th cache.  WOW!  No wonder people up in the NUT country have so many cache finds!

        I want to give a great big congrats to you Sir!  Now, lets shoot for 500 more!

        Cheers
        Trevor from TRAKD

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Jack Warson
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 7 11:51 PM
          I would like to Congratulate and thank the Prof for all his hides. I just did about 31 caches in the Colusa area and almost all were placed by him.

          It looks as though he has finally done it... RP has hid his #500th cache.  WOW!  No wonder people up in the NUT country have so many cache finds!

          I want to give a great big congrats to you Sir!  Now, lets shoot for 500 more!

          Cheers
          Trevor from TRAKD

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

        • Warren Harding
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 7 11:55 PM

            Uh..Excuse me, Professor.  I have just been contacted by the Squirrel's Union, NUTS (Not yourUsual Terrestrial Squirrels).  They request that you ease off during the winter months because geocachers are so busy looking for your caches, they are interfering with the squirrel's winter feeding.  Also, they would like to request that in the future, you put some food in your caches, preferably shelled.

            Congratulations, Professor.  You are a champ.

            47Dad47

            From: Trevor Anderson <trakdclan@...>
            To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:27:11 -0800 (PST)

            Howdy All,

            It looks as though he has finally done it... RP has hid his #500th cache.  WOW!  No wonder people up in the NUT country have so many cache finds!

            I want to give a great big congrats to you Sir!  Now, lets shoot for 500 more!

            Cheers
            Trevor from TRAKD

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

          • MATT AND STEPHANIE MOORE
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 8 7:15 AM

              WOW!  What a great accomplishment!

              CONGRATULATIONS!  Now I guess we better get hunting!! *LOL*

              Matt, Stephanie & crew

              Redvoodoo

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 8 7:55 AM

                WOW!  500 hides!  Way to go Prof!

                Jim (geospyder)

              • Jenn Oates

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 8 8:46 AM

                    Looking forward to celebrating (a special event would clearly be in order J ) when RP becomes the #1 hider… not that it is a competition or anything J J

                    Congrats on a truly impressive milestone Roger!!

                    bryan (The SKWERL)

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 8 9:14 AM
                      That's an awesome accomplishment Roger. I guess
                      retirement is working very well for you, Keep up the
                      great work! Blucruz
                    • jerryw38@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 8 10:55 AM
                        Has anyone ever seen the profs Cache Making Room?????  It has to be a work of art.  Is there a conveyor belt or just tables???  I know how much room my area takes.
                        jerryw38
                        "It is as much fun to hide as it is to find"
                        Don't forget April 14th at Micke Grove Park south of Lodi

                        From: "Jack Warson" <jwarson@...>

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 8 11:26 AM
                          Way to go Mr. Prof !!!  I don't know how you manage to hide as many you do and to MAINTAIN them in the manner you do. Just a GREAT job.
                          Chuck thewoodchuck

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 8 6:50 PM
                            Outstanding Job Roger!! Thank You!

                          • jerryw38@comcast.net

                              From: "Jack Warson" <jwarson@digitalpath .net>

                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 8 10:08 PM
                                elves    LOL

                                From: jerryw38@...

                                Is it true that the prof has a workshop full of eleves????

                                From: "Jack Warson" <jwarson@digitalpath .net>

                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 9 10:19 AM
                                  Wow what an awesome milestone that is Roger! 500 caches hidden... and so WELL maintained... that is what makes it such an amazing feat!! Congratulations and well done, Rock&Crystal

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 10 6:12 PM
                                    Congrats!!!!

                                    --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Trevor Anderson <trakdclan@...> wrote:

                                    > Howdy All,
                                    >
                                    > It looks as though he has finally done it... RP has hid his
                                    #500th cache. WOW! No wonder people up in the NUT country have so
                                    many cache finds!

                                    > I want to give a great big congrats to you Sir! Now, lets shoot
                                    for 500 more!

                                    > Cheers
                                    > Trevor from TRAKD

                                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                  • thrak
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 10 8:23 PM
                                      The thing to remember with retiredprof is that, not only does he have a zillion cache hides, not only does he maintain them all (/boggle), but, in addition to all of that, he's one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet. Now THAT'S what really makes him one of the great N.U.T.S. It's a pleasure to know him.

                                      Thanks, retiredprof for being part of our caching experience. It may sound dorky but we are all better off for knowing you.

                                      -Thrak-

                                      Dawn wrote:

                                      Congrats!!!!

                                      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups. com, Trevor Anderson <trakdclan@. ..> wrote:

                                      > Howdy All,
                                      >
                                      > It looks as though he has finally done it... RP has hid his
                                      #500th cache. WOW! No wonder people up in the NUT country have so
                                      many cache finds!

                                      > I want to give a great big congrats to you Sir! Now, lets shoot
                                      for 500 more!

                                      > Cheers
                                      > Trevor from TRAKD

                                      > Do You Yahoo!?
                                      > http://mail. yahoo.com

                                    • Gary Kemp
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Mar 27, 2009
                                        Bishoptakesqueen is moving to a new cache rich environment the end of April, Queen Creek, Arizona. Is there anyone who would be interested in adopting our California Caches, there are about 50 of them most on the West side of the Sacramento Valley.