Adopting Caches

  • wassabi872002
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 10, 2006
      How do you do it? There is a guy who isn't able to take care of a cache
      anymore because of his health and I would like to adopt it. He said if
      can work out, that would be awesome, and I know it can be done, but I
      just don't know how to go about it. any advice/help would be great.

      Thanks,
      ~wigglyfish~
    • Bryan Wright
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 10, 2006
        Here is the online form that person can use to allow you to adopt the cache.

        http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

        If he puts the cache ID (GCxxxx) on the first page, it will take him to a
        form where he can list your geocaching name. You will be sent a message,
        and when click "accept" the process is complete!

        The SKWERL

        How do you do it? There is a guy who isn't able to take care of a cache
        anymore because of his health and I would like to adopt it. He said if
        can work out, that would be awesome, and I know it can be done, but I
        just don't know how to go about it. any advice/help would be great.

        Thanks,
        ~wigglyfish~

        Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Trevor Anderson
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 7, 2007
          Howdy All,

          It looks as though he has finally done it... RP has hid his #500th cache.  WOW!  No wonder people up in the NUT country have so many cache finds!

          I want to give a great big congrats to you Sir!  Now, lets shoot for 500 more!

          Cheers
          Trevor from TRAKD

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Jack Warson
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 7, 2007
            I would like to Congratulate and thank the Prof for all his hides. I just did about 31 caches in the Colusa area and almost all were placed by him.

            It looks as though he has finally done it... RP has hid his #500th cache.  WOW!  No wonder people up in the NUT country have so many cache finds!

            I want to give a great big congrats to you Sir!  Now, lets shoot for 500 more!

            Cheers
            Trevor from TRAKD

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

          • Warren Harding
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 7, 2007

              Uh..Excuse me, Professor.  I have just been contacted by the Squirrel's Union, NUTS (Not yourUsual Terrestrial Squirrels).  They request that you ease off during the winter months because geocachers are so busy looking for your caches, they are interfering with the squirrel's winter feeding.  Also, they would like to request that in the future, you put some food in your caches, preferably shelled.

              Congratulations, Professor.  You are a champ.

              47Dad47

              From: Trevor Anderson <trakdclan@...>
              To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:27:11 -0800 (PST)

              Howdy All,

              It looks as though he has finally done it... RP has hid his #500th cache.  WOW!  No wonder people up in the NUT country have so many cache finds!

              I want to give a great big congrats to you Sir!  Now, lets shoot for 500 more!

              Cheers
              Trevor from TRAKD

              Do You Yahoo!?
              http://mail. yahoo.com

            • MATT AND STEPHANIE MOORE
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 8, 2007

                WOW!  What a great accomplishment!

                CONGRATULATIONS!  Now I guess we better get hunting!! *LOL*

                Matt, Stephanie & crew

                Redvoodoo

                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 8, 2007

                  WOW!  500 hides!  Way to go Prof!

                  Jim (geospyder)

                • Jenn Oates

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 8, 2007

                      Looking forward to celebrating (a special event would clearly be in order J ) when RP becomes the #1 hider… not that it is a competition or anything J J

                      Congrats on a truly impressive milestone Roger!!

                      bryan (The SKWERL)

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 8, 2007
                        That's an awesome accomplishment Roger. I guess
                        retirement is working very well for you, Keep up the
                        great work! Blucruz
                      • jerryw38@comcast.net
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 8, 2007
                          Has anyone ever seen the profs Cache Making Room?????  It has to be a work of art.  Is there a conveyor belt or just tables???  I know how much room my area takes.
                          jerryw38
                          "It is as much fun to hide as it is to find"
                          Don't forget April 14th at Micke Grove Park south of Lodi

                          From: "Jack Warson" <jwarson@...>

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 8, 2007
                            Way to go Mr. Prof !!!  I don't know how you manage to hide as many you do and to MAINTAIN them in the manner you do. Just a GREAT job.
                            Chuck thewoodchuck

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 8, 2007
                              Outstanding Job Roger!! Thank You!

                            • jerryw38@comcast.net
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 8, 2007
                                Is it true that the prof has a workshop full of eleves????

                                From: "Jack Warson" <jwarson@digitalpath .net>

                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 8, 2007
                                  elves    LOL

                                  From: jerryw38@...

                                  Is it true that the prof has a workshop full of eleves????

                                  From: "Jack Warson" <jwarson@digitalpath .net>

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 9, 2007
                                    Wow what an awesome milestone that is Roger! 500 caches hidden... and so WELL maintained... that is what makes it such an amazing feat!! Congratulations and well done, Rock&Crystal

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 10, 2007
                                      Congrats!!!!

                                      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Trevor Anderson <trakdclan@...> wrote:

                                      > Howdy All,
                                      >
                                      > It looks as though he has finally done it... RP has hid his
                                      #500th cache. WOW! No wonder people up in the NUT country have so
                                      many cache finds!

                                      > I want to give a great big congrats to you Sir! Now, lets shoot
                                      for 500 more!

                                      > Cheers
                                      > Trevor from TRAKD

                                      > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                    • thrak
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jan 10, 2007
                                        The thing to remember with retiredprof is that, not only does he have a zillion cache hides, not only does he maintain them all (/boggle), but, in addition to all of that, he's one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet. Now THAT'S what really makes him one of the great N.U.T.S. It's a pleasure to know him.

                                        Thanks, retiredprof for being part of our caching experience. It may sound dorky but we are all better off for knowing you.

                                        -Thrak-

                                        Dawn wrote:

                                        Congrats!!!!

                                        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups. com, Trevor Anderson <trakdclan@. ..> wrote:

                                        > Howdy All,
                                        >
                                        > It looks as though he has finally done it... RP has hid his
                                        #500th cache. WOW! No wonder people up in the NUT country have so
                                        many cache finds!

                                        > I want to give a great big congrats to you Sir! Now, lets shoot
                                        for 500 more!

                                        > Cheers
                                        > Trevor from TRAKD

                                        > Do You Yahoo!?
                                        > http://mail. yahoo.com

                                      • Gary Kemp
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Mar 27, 2009
                                          Bishoptakesqueen is moving to a new cache rich environment the end of April, Queen Creek, Arizona. Is there anyone who would be interested in adopting our California Caches, there are about 50 of them most on the West side of the Sacramento Valley.