October Event

  • Gary McElroy
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2006
      Well a lot has changed since yesterday so here it goes. Riverbend Park in Oroville is a no-go. At least for the larger Pavillion. They have smaller ones but they don't have near enough seating or tables for a group our size. I've already advise Utchaz in a another e-mail but figured I would let everyone else know too. Anyone have any suggestions?
    • Chaz & Steph
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2006
        Steph said she would check on the Yuba city thing tomorrow. She's
        going to call the city parks & rec and see what they have that can be
        used...
        We'll see what become of that sometime after that.
        I suspect we'll be able to find something, somewhere. Should you have
        any ideas check them out and let us all know. We don't have anything
        in concrete so plans are easily change but the date is somewhat set
        in...

        Thanks everyone,
        Chaz

        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Gary McElroy <gsmcelroy@...> wrote:

        > Well a lot has changed since yesterday so here it goes. Riverbend
        Park in Oroville is a no-go. At least for the larger Pavillion. They
        have smaller ones but they don't have near enough seating or tables
        for a group our size. I've already advise Utchaz in a another e-mail
        but figured I would let everyone else know too. Anyone have any
        suggestions?

      • Jack Warson
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 2006

          How about the Durham park again? There is a covered picnic area and lots of tables.

          Steph said she would check on the Yuba city thing tomorrow. She's
          going to call the city parks & rec and see what they have that can be
          used...
          We'll see what become of that sometime after that.
          I suspect we'll be able to find something, somewhere. Should you have
          any ideas check them out and let us all know. We don't have anything
          in concrete so plans are easily change but the date is somewhat set
          in...

          Thanks everyone,
          Chaz

          --- In nuts_@yahoogroups. com, Gary McElroy <gsmcelroy@. ..> wrote:

          > Well a lot has changed since yesterday so here it goes.
          w:st="on">Riverbend
          Park in Oroville is a no-go. At least for the larger Pavillion. They
          have smaller ones but they don't have near enough seating or tables
          for a group our size. I've already advise Utchaz in a another e-mail
          but figured I would let everyone else know too. Anyone have any
          suggestions?

        • dawn mateo
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 27, 2006
            if you all wanted I'm sure we could always do one up this way. I know it is a long drive, but there are some cool caches in the area (DARK SHADOWS!!!!!!!!)

            FireDawn

            Jack Warson <jwarson@...> wrote:
            How about the Durham park again? There is a covered picnic area and lots of tables.

            Steph said she would check on the Yuba city thing tomorrow. She's
            going to call the city parks & rec and see what they have that can be
            used...
            We'll see what become of that sometime after that.
            I suspect we'll be able to find something, somewhere. Should you have
            any ideas check them out and let us all know. We don't have anything
            in concrete so plans are easily change but the date is somewhat set
            in...

            Thanks everyone,
            Chaz

            --- In nuts_@yahoogroups. com, Gary McElroy <gsmcelroy@. ..> wrote:

            > Well a lot has changed since yesterday so here it goes. Riverbend
            Park in Oroville is a no-go. At least for the larger Pavillion. They
            have smaller ones but they don't have near enough seating or tables
            for a group our size. I've already advise Utchaz in a another e-mail
            but figured I would let everyone else know too. Anyone have any
            suggestions?

          • Thrak
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 28, 2006
              I like Durham park a lot. I seem to remember someone saying it was pretty expensive to reserve last time though.  I missed that event since it happened about a week or so before Bobolu told me about geocaching.  I know there are 4 or 5 caches there in the park that were likely planted due to the past event - I went out and found them after I started caching.  If we do go there it might get a few more Durham area caches going which would be a good thing.  :)

              -Thrak-