Re: [NUTS] Get togethers?

  • gsmcelroy@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 24, 2006

      Chaz,
      Something to think about would be, parking, sitting areas, restrooms...etc. I think a park with facilities would be better than an area out by the river but that's just my oppinion. The 7th is too soon now since you would need 2 weeks notice for Groundspeak. The 14th wouldn't be very good either as RCGDS is having an event that day. I would say the 21st or the 28th would be best. I like the river idea for cache placements but is there a park nearby with facilities that can handle 50-100 people?  Gary

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 24, 2006
        Well the 14th is almost 3 weeks away so we'd be good in that
        regaurd. but with the lack of any matter of response I don't think
        many people are interested :(
        Perhaps the weekend has people out caching instead of reading web
        posts :D
        Doesn't some group within NUTS have to give permission for use of
        the clubs name in doing such an event? Who would I talk to for that?

        Chaz

        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "nelson143" <nelson143@...> wrote:

        > Keep in mind that to list it as an "event cache" with
        geocaching.com, you have to list it at least 2 weeks prior to the
        event:

        > Event Caches
        >
        > Event caches are gatherings that are open to all geocachers and
        which are organized by geocachers. After the event has passed, the
        event cache should be archived by the organizer within four weeks.
        While a music concert, a garage sale, a ham radio field day or
        town's fireworks display might be of interest to a large percentage
        of geocachers, such events are not suitable for submission as event
        caches because the organizers and the primary attendees are not
        geocachers. In addition, an event cache should not be set up for the
        sole purpose of drawing together cachers for an organized hunt of
        another cache or caches. Such group hunts are best organized using
        the forums or an email distribution list.

        > For geocaching events that involve several components, such as a
        day-long group cache hunt that also involves a seminar and dinner,
        only a single event cache covering all components should be
        submitted.

        > Event caches should be submitted no less than two weeks prior to
        the date of the event, so that potential attendees will have
        sufficient notice to make their plans. Events are generally listed
        no more than three months prior to the date of the event, to avoid
        having the listing appear for a prolonged period of time on the
        nearest caches page and in the weekly e-mail notification of new
        caches. Exceptions are sometimes made for events that are designed
        to attract a regional, national or international group of
        geocachers. Contact your reviewer if you wish to set up such an
        event, which may be listed up to six months in advance

        > We would love to attend, but I'm working every weekend at least
        through March...
        > Ed & Julie

        Yahoo!
        > Small Business.

      • Chaz & Steph
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 24, 2006
          Well there's Hammond's Grove that has some of all of that but I
          think prof has a ton of caches set up out there already and I'm sure
          everyone probably has them on thier lists by now. The land to the
          East and West is private also, unlike the other side of the river
          where it is public.
          Bathrooms would be something I hadn't thought of :(
          It was a thought though, perhaps someone will grab it and go with it
          seeing there isn't so much support for this one.

          Chaz

          --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, <gsmcelroy@...> wrote:

          > Chaz,
          > Something to think about would be, parking, sitting areas,
          restrooms...etc. I think a park with facilities would be better than
          an area out by the river but that's just my oppinion. The 7th is too
          soon now since you would need 2 weeks notice for Groundspeak. The
          14th wouldn't be very good either as RCGDS is having an event that
          day. I would say the 21st or the 28th would be best. I like the
          river idea for cache placements but is there a park nearby with
          facilities that can handle 50-100 people? Gary

        • CASAS
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 24, 2006
            Where is Hammond's Grove? We'd like to come to another NUTS event but not free until Oct 28th.
            CASAS

          • Raymond
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 24, 2006
              There's always the NEW Feather River Gateway Park in Oroville that
              recently opened - Plenty of new picnic areas and clean restrooms.
              Also a paved bike path from there all the way up to the fish
              hatchery that meanders along the river. Just another idea.

            • Chaz & Steph
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 24, 2006
                An oustanding idea indeed.
                Would you be able to work it from that end? We live about 45 miles
                from Oroville and haven't a clue as to where the park is :(
                Chaz

              • gsmcelroy@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 25, 2006
                  Hammond Grove is about 1/2 way between Marysville & Grass Valley on Hwy20,  right on the yuba river. I think there are 5 caches on the park property.

                • gsmcelroy@sbcglobal.net
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 25, 2006
                    I'll call the City of Oroville and find out the cost for renting the various picnic areas and check on available dates. Blu

                  • gsmcelroy@sbcglobal.net
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 25, 2006
                      Ok, for Riverbend Park in Oroville, It's $60.00 for one of the smaller picnic areas and $80.00 for the large picnic area.  The Large Picnic area is already rented for 10/14 & 10/28 from 11-3pm but is available all day on 10/21. The smaller picnic areas are all available. There is enough money in the kitty so don't let that discourage anyone. I say go with the 21st and get the large picnic area from 11 to 3.

                      I'll call the City of Oroville and find out the cost for renting the various picnic areas and check on available dates. Blu

                      Would you be able to work it from that end? We live about 45 miles
                      from Oroville and haven't a clue as to where the park is :(
                      Chaz

                      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups. com, "Raymond" <rxcooper@.. .> wrote:

                      > There's always the NEW Feather River Gateway Park in Oroville that
                      > recently opened - Plenty of new picnic areas and clean restrooms.
                      > Also a paved bike path from there all the way up to the fish
                      > hatchery that meanders along the river. Just another idea.
                      >
                      > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups. com, <gsmcelroy@> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > Chaz,
                      > > Something to think about would be, parking, sitting areas,
                      > restrooms... etc. I think a park with facilities would be better
                      than
                      > an area out by the river but that's just my oppinion. The 7th is
                      too
                      > soon now since you would need 2 weeks notice for Groundspeak. The
                      > 14th wouldn't be very good either as RCGDS is having an event that
                      > day. I would say the 21st or the 28th would be best. I like the
                      > river idea for cache placements but is there a park nearby with
                      > facilities that can handle 50-100 people? Gary

                    • Jim & Shirley Watkins
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 25, 2006
                        Now, that sounds like fun! And it's Jimbo's birthday! We'll be
                        happy to help in any way possible, but we're 90 miles away.

                        Please note: message attached

                        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                        From: <gsmcelroy@...>
                        Sender: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:24:02 -0700 (PDT)
                        X-MAIL-
                        INFO:2d8b178e8b0b1ec70f8e0b6eeb33ca8acb6e73e7ce4ab7dbb36a937f4a8b5b5b2
                        b274e1f020e0e2e8f2ee31ffb3bfb6a0b7ace1bd71b9b2fa3ce7f7bef5767477e1bbf0
                        3438ff78ffbfbfb7b37634adafafac39ac35b4a7393731f837ebbaf9faf4fdf5abbf75
                        e1e77abd38efebbb7dfaf6f5bb34a974a93638ada7367b7630b4ff3cac3fb8eb7ebc7a
                        79eb3eb83277b5fba1eaea3238e27e7e70f0eeb4e67d7eb2a026f475e7f23679b6fbf4
                        b8783cf830e3b7e1fcb5aa73e13373b2ed3bbcfafdadbdf2a33faaadf4a07f7dffabe6
                        a1bd7ceb37f47e767471b478fdfc7176f5b2b026e4fc74f0e6a8ea34b7aebfb7bae57a
                        e83a3b3e7cf7a4e
                        132a77bebeab9fab972ad31ad3fe02fb4b832e83db332b4b9b5a4a3ecf3f73
                        837ebbaf9f4f9fd3d3d35ace3ffa5e071bca57dbafdb8ada3a5e6a9a638a9adb1ede4a
                        4ec7fa0ff30eea570fa70bd76b4b4f1e177fc70beeee5f2f0f02fe6e0fbb0a1bb39f7a
                        7ffefb1b6f8fe3a7baa72f3e37039a2e0ebf77833e1f133fba07aad35edf5f0b6b0f9e
                        179e8e0f0bae6e3313db2a4aee93f7daca8ae7df73b77b8a93ca4f235fb75feaa37afb
                        2e4ea7a75a4b5a872e9b3f9b17277ffe6f7b6fef0eeefe232f9fb32b03f76f3e1fe34b
                        1a4b9b9b9b2f6a0307ba43c7be93efe3ef1337bbba97daafdedbcfae339f7a3a07b797
                        ebdb93b71b636bdffe1a9ade1e3a63
                        5b5bfa0fb72717c3b71f0bc7ea4b4f1e177fc78ece0a1b671b0fb3bf6ebb7b
                        eb574e6fb3d7fb036743839bbacffa63df9a9a733a73c363b75bb74eba07772a7e2af3
                        1a9b77aff7c733d3aaa32a0713fa7b9f5bdeaa02f37fcbdacb4f8ab73a6a8ba3ca5b8a
                        8bb76a3b275be70be3ae7fe7875767a35a9e27be2fae8fceeb1f137b1f8f3e8f7f2b4b
                        02ab4e23badefb2bba0ebb8a2ebb43c33e9bf7a7efd3bb975eab9fcf87daaf771363bb
                        af1a97b793b3fe57e7e767d7676ffe472347df8aea6b0b170b03eeb76b9ea31f4f0fae
                        fb0bea5fb37ec7237aae5e03070ace0a2b7b47d77b4ea72bbfa78f4702caba23ef4b4a
                        e307efc35a13fb73a7ba1ef7e397ef
                        3fda5f7eda97de9707d33a5e27dfaf8a7afad38a1a8b7b638bdb6fdeb7a39a
                        f30f8b6e8e27c793c3ce9e6b5ffe8b9eee6e472f33775aefef1337132a77beafbe577b
                        0ebf4b4e4baa9b47bfa7fbda2b3be3fa4b0e3e33171fafcfe38eaaea9f879fd37ebe3a
                        5edb0fca4a1a8abe5e7f8aaff33a1b4aeaf36f735ffa679a8a43a34a6eea5bce3e17ce
                        6e7a6eea0fd78eba579e7bcfb30f7bee8f7efe8feb2a7a47fbe7033b8f832eba1f2f6f
                        87a7bf3e778fa79b83bef74f6b73f3f35f6a5f0b6b1e9e1e5a7e1aab3adf3aaeb7beab
                        9afaced3ca4ab33a1ade4f4eda9e934a2eae0ec7c3c70f171e9e8efefe277b17d71e8e
                        077b9e03d7bb1b0e032a673eb313e7
                        7bdbfb1b833e2387de4e8783cf830e3b372e8a5aa77e93333b7e9b97177797
                        3f0bcfbefaefaaca97cb638adaf72ac39aabde6b979ab7cb1ea32bbf6703033e023e4b
                        bf43a7437317ee27d757d7e3471e27e7b3870f7f1b33d7ee7a2bdfcea72f1b63e31a1f
                        6f1f3b4e4302cf9a633bbaca8a432eea7ea7aa378bbb1aaa0b13de335fef7eebfabbcb
                        63afc37adfc3cb93cb1aca6a637b739a172f4fca17b76e4e6b6e5b4b931eb3f3ae7f6e
                        0afe7bcea30b6fe7277abf6ee7470a43fbd3ab13aaaade5e3adaabfa0a9b83dbfb5a4e
                        fa7e4ee3cf37b72e77336a2e97078757da9e5e775edbf79a9fcaf7dfc3df1adaaadf23
                        9397c78a6fc39ec7bf4f0fb72bcb93
                        e3eec3d76b8bfe3ba3fed77fd79eeb7b57cfb36e2f0747eb2fe74bf7674b1b
                        ab7f039b0a1f3f4b375acf2e0ebf77833e3b134b83ef37aa5e075e1ac73a036f5aef1a
                        33ab9f8ecb9fd33a9a57aa4a63e7dbb793fa5b93faae8f0e23bfbfa72bfb3e0ee373ce
                        574baeeb1ee3471e27e7b3870f7f1b330f4e0a7adb3e5e2b7f2b4b033b9bdb2efba72b
                        2e63bf436aef4e139b93cf5e13eabb97878b5aef27dacffa137eca6eaacafacbfa5e3a
                        b7dbe74adff30ac33af363a3035ba38a0ecb6bce735fd7a3b3ebe70fc7ea7f579e6e23
                        a357feb3bf2b0a2b1f13fb6b93eb438f0ebf0a0afb973f234ee33b3a0e9b832a6af3cb
                        9393c75bc71ef3175f1783bbabaadb
                        97dba38a7eaade3aee5e63fad7c39397934f0edf0b5b63fb8e8f177317aeea
                        579e1ec75f1bb3170ac7a3bb7f0b027a77fe8f02134743e7bed77fdaa7feba8f6f5adb
                        0e5aba3fba8fe3cffbca9b4b075befe30783abea33ab875f3f9f9a375e4aab8afacadf
                        af13733ad3db4fab3acb8a0bef87df8aca6b230fca6a1e5f8f93a39e3e5717ceb3673a
                        dfea7a0a0a0a9e3feee7d77a03bf9a4bd747bf8f6f3e1fe34be31a022efb07570f039b
                        7777771fcb9f7e2e8337f73313138713b39aef13971aaf3adbca9aca57aa4a631787ba
                        d3738b8b8bdb475f6b5fa3cba3c38eea936b77b34f0bee57a3e77a7bb37b870f7f1b
                        X-UNTD-UBE:-1