Re: [NUTS] A question for anybody...

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2004

      Hi Jim,
      We use a Dell pocket PC with pocket windows 2003.  We have a cable from our Magellan GPS to our Dell and use Mapopolis map mapping software.
      Rock & Crystal and Team Private eyes each use the Dell.  We also use GPX Sonar for viewing cache pages off line.
      Here is a good web page about Pocket geocaching
      http://www.mdgps.org/pocketcaching/  and here is where we got our cable to go from Pocket PC to our GPS
      Mapopolis has a free trail version of there maps, I liked it so much I bought it after we used it for a while
      Here is the link for GPX Sonar

      There seems to be a lot of good options out there, the hard part is picking one out you want to use.
      Going paperless has lots of advantages, I update my Pocket Queries every week and always have the 500 closest caches to Oroville, Redding and Sacramento, just in case we go somewhere we have the cache pages with us.
      Good luck,
      Mike

      Jim Olson <ka6aru@...> wrote:

      I would like to pick everyone�s brain...

      I would like to buy an inexpensive PDA & use it with my Garmin eTrex...

      I just want to download pages for Geocaching.com & keep them with me as I hunt�

      Maybe, even buy a cable to use with my eTrex & some kind of map program�

      But what I need to know is what type of Palm (because they are a dime a dozen on eBay) should I get & what cable, or who makes an inexpensive cable for the two�?

      I contacted Garmin, but they were no help�

      TNX,

      Jim