Re: [NUTS] A question for anybody...

  • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 17, 2004
      It's my understanding that even the most inexpensive palm with as little as 2mb of memory can run "CacheMate", an awesome Palm program that lets you read cache pages as text.

      CacheMate is only $7, and well worth it.

      You will also want to look into Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (Gsak) for your computer. Once you download a pocket query (as a .gpx file) you can use Gsak to open the PQ and sort the caches, check the ones you want to use, and open them with a mapping program, send them to your GPSr and/or send them to your Palm.

      Gsak is free, but expires every 30 days, forcing you to re-install it. If you reqister it for $15, you dont have to un/re-install every 30 days. Gsak is invaulable to me...I use it all the time. I use a Palm Tungeston E PDA, CacheMate, Gsak, and Mapsourse MetroGuide Mapping for paperless caching.

      Here are some articles:

      Hope this helps!
      Ed
      The Badge & the Butterfly

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 18, 2004
        Hey Mike, I got all excited when you said Mapopolis had a free TRAIL version!! Crystal burst the bubble when she suggested it was probably the "TRIAL version" you were referring to.  :o)  Now that would be cool!!

        Hey everyone, we are trying to put together another event in October... probably toward the end of the month (ie... the 24th). We were wondering if anyone else was planning anything around then? We don't want to jam on anyone else's plans.  If you know of any conflicts please let us know... soon. Thanks R&C

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 18, 2004
          A trail version would be cool!  as for an October event the weekend of the 24th would be fine for us as long as it is held in Las Vegas.  Gail and I will be there that weekend for our anniversery.
          You can never have an event on a date good for everybody though.
          Mike

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 18, 2004
            Drat!!  I will be at Pt Reyes on a field trip that weekend. (Gotta keep those old college credits coming.)  Love the idea of a trail version, though.
            Tanky
            Hey everyone, we are trying to put together another event in October... probably toward the end of the month (ie... the 24th). We were wondering if anyone else was planning anything around then? We don't want to jam on anyone else's plans.  If you know of any conflicts please let us know... soon. Thanks R&C

          • Michael Daugherty
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 19, 2004
              Double Drat!! !!  The Daug Pack will be in the Black Rock Desert that weekend.  So will not be able to attend your awesome event.
              Drat!!  I will be at Pt Reyes on a field trip that weekend. (Gotta keep those old college credits coming.)  Love the idea of a trail version, though.
              Tanky
              Hey everyone, we are trying to put together another event in October... probably toward the end of the month (ie... the 24th). We were wondering if anyone else was planning anything around then? We don't want to jam on anyone else's plans.  If you know of any conflicts please let us know... soon. Thanks R&C

              Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

            • Donald Liddiard
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 19, 2004
                OK, that does it... some of our favorite people can't be there... so back to the drawing board. R&C