Randsom cache

  • Willard Bennett { MR,B ]
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
      I would hope it is a joke, although jokes like this is not my thing,
      the guilty party should be prepaired for a large payback if you know
      what I mean. His caches would become good targets for retaliation??
    • dawn mateo
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
        Weather this is a joke or not....it is WRONG!  I know I couldn't afford (and would not be willing to at the same time) to pay $100 for a cache! Caching is fun to me and important in a way...but I wouldn't pay $100 bucks for it!  That's almost 3 tanks of gas!  That's just me......What kind of world are we living in when people hold (basically) worthless containers for ransom for $100?!?! Really makes me mad!

        "Willard Bennett { MR,B ]" <willardb_36@...> wrote:
        I would hope it is a joke, although jokes like this is not my thing,
        the guilty party should be prepaired for a large payback if you know
        what I mean. His caches would become good targets for retaliation? ?

      • MATT AND STEPHANIE MOORE
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006

          Joke or no joke…it is just WRONG!  I can’t believe that someone would even do that… but I guess the things people do when they are desperate.  Then again it is probably just a couple of kids or teenagers seeing what they can get…  I’ts really sad though!

          I just got an email from a cacher in NY that stated they have been having a cache theft problem and most of their caches have been taken so they have just resorted to micros…but that is getting really boring for them.  It is just sad that people can’t leave things alone.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006

            That's not a good idea.  Let's not give bad examples to others, even if deserved. That's how wars start.  If you are successful at punishing an out of line geocacher by attacking her caches, she may just give up on geocaching and attack back harder with nothing to lose. Like wars, everyone suffers, especially the innocent. My personal preference is to give them a freshly baked banana creme pie in the face.

            47Dad47

            From: "Willard Bennett { MR,B ]" <willardb_36@...>
            To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [NUTS] Randsom cache