Re: [NUTS] Coming soon to a hiding spot near you!

  • thrak
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5 11:01 AM
      Ok, I'll bite. HOW IN HECK do you get such nice camo?  I've seen pics like these before but I just can't figure out how you can make something like that.........

      -Thrak-

      blucruzfamily wrote:

      http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/nuts_ /photos/view/ 4cbc?b=1

      In celebration of our 1 year anniversary on 8/17, I will be placing
      these bad boys out for your enjoyment. Happy Caching....Blucruz

    • Gary McElroy
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5 11:51 AM
        Flat Khaki, Flat Olive Green & Flat Black paint. Use
        Khaki as the base coat. Then grab 2-3 different kinds
        of leaves & branches from the front yard and lay them
        on the khaki. Lightly spray the leaves with the green
        paint so you gewt some good outlines of the leaves.
        Come through a second time spraying the leaves with
        the Black. Just keep moving the leaves around in no
        particluar order and you're done. By starting with the
        lightest color and moving to the darkest you get a
        real good shadow effect. Takes me about 10 minutes per
        ammo can to complete.

        ---------------------------------

        blucruzfamily wrote:

        In celebration of our 1 year anniversary on 8/17, I
        will be placing
        these bad boys out for your enjoyment. Happy
        Caching....Blucruz
      • geospyder
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5 12:42 PM

          Question from Nevada – What is a leaf?  Is that those green things we see when we cross the border? ;-)

          Jim (geospyder)

          ------------ --------- --------- ---

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5 2:08 PM
              I'd love to but here it is Saturday, the mail has come
              and gone, and still no Green Jeep. Oh well! Maybe next
              year.

              blucruzfamily wrote:

              In celebration of our 1 year anniversary on 8/17, I
              will be placing
              these bad boys out for your enjoyment. Happy
              Caching....Blucruz
            • Jack Warson
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5 10:27 PM

                It IS Saturday, the mail HAS come and I DID get my Green Jeep today.  Woo Hoo!!! Along with a FTF and a little 4x4’ing in the Philbrook area. What else is there to life??