Re: [NUTS] Coming soon to a hiding spot near you!

  • CASAS
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2006
      ohhh! like that cammo!

      Annw (and Gary)

      blucruzfamily <gsmcelroy@...> wrote:
      http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/nuts_ /photos/view/ 4cbc?b=1

      In celebration of our 1 year anniversary on 8/17, I will be placing
      these bad boys out for your enjoyment. Happy Caching....Blucruz

    • thrak
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
        Ok, I'll bite. HOW IN HECK do you get such nice camo?  I've seen pics like these before but I just can't figure out how you can make something like that.........

        -Thrak-

        blucruzfamily wrote:

        http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/nuts_ /photos/view/ 4cbc?b=1

        In celebration of our 1 year anniversary on 8/17, I will be placing
        these bad boys out for your enjoyment. Happy Caching....Blucruz

      • Gary McElroy
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
          Flat Khaki, Flat Olive Green & Flat Black paint. Use
          Khaki as the base coat. Then grab 2-3 different kinds
          of leaves & branches from the front yard and lay them
          on the khaki. Lightly spray the leaves with the green
          paint so you gewt some good outlines of the leaves.
          Come through a second time spraying the leaves with
          the Black. Just keep moving the leaves around in no
          particluar order and you're done. By starting with the
          lightest color and moving to the darkest you get a
          real good shadow effect. Takes me about 10 minutes per
          ammo can to complete.

          ---------------------------------

          blucruzfamily wrote:

          In celebration of our 1 year anniversary on 8/17, I
          will be placing
          these bad boys out for your enjoyment. Happy
          Caching....Blucruz
        • geospyder
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006

            Question from Nevada – What is a leaf?  Is that those green things we see when we cross the border? ;-)

            Jim (geospyder)

            ------------ --------- --------- ---

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
                I'd love to but here it is Saturday, the mail has come
                and gone, and still no Green Jeep. Oh well! Maybe next
                year.

                blucruzfamily wrote:

                In celebration of our 1 year anniversary on 8/17, I
                will be placing
                these bad boys out for your enjoyment. Happy
                Caching....Blucruz
              • Jack Warson
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006

                  It IS Saturday, the mail HAS come and I DID get my Green Jeep today.  Woo Hoo!!! Along with a FTF and a little 4x4’ing in the Philbrook area. What else is there to life??