Re: [NUTS] disneyland

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2004
      Here is the story...

      ANAHEIM - The Tomorrowland area of Disneyland opened 30 minutes late this morning after a park landscaper found a suspicious package at the bathrooms near the Autopia ride.

      The Orange County sheriff's bomb squad declared the incident a false alarm after deploying a robot equipped with an X-ray that determined the object was not an explosive.

      "We don't know whether it was an elaborate hoax or just something left behind," said John Nicoletti, Anaheim city spokesman, who was at the scene.

      The incident did not delay Disneyland's scheduled 9 a.m. opening, but patrons were unable to visit such Tomorrowland attractions as Club Buzz, Innoventions and Starcade until 9:30 a.m.

      Officials said that the landscaper found the object around 7 a.m. at the bottom of a staircase. He notified security personnel, who in turn called police. Police summoned the bomb squad.

      The caches name was Phone Home

      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gc942e

      We are going to Disneyland in a couple weeks and hope to do some geocaching there.

      Mike

      Mike <german_shepherd_lover_cabo@...> wrote:

      I saw a post that talked about a problem someone had at Disneyland,
      what was the problem??
      Thanks,
      Mike Davis
      german_shepherd_lover

      Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

    • Donald Liddiard
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2004
        Wow, we were there less than  a month after that happened... and there we were hauling a gpsr around Didney Land! They probably need to stick with virtuals in the parks (which as I recall, most of them are). R&C

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2004
          I tried one back in February and was told DL was off limits to
          physical caches. And mine was only a mint container! [:P]

          http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCHP44