Re: [NUTS] It was the OLDEST existing geocache in the WORLD!!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2004
      I should have posted the way point  GC4, also here is the first post about hiding a geocache by Dave Ulmer

      From: Dave (news2yousNOneSPAM@...)
      Subject: GPS Stash Hunt... Stash #1 is there!

      View this article only
      Newsgroups: sci.geo.satellite-nav
      Date: 2000/05/03
      Well, I did it, created the first stash hunt stash and here are
      the coordinates:

      N 45 17.460
      W122 24.800

      Lots of goodies for the finders. Look for a black plastic bucket
      buried most of the way in the ground. Take some stuff, leave
      some stuff! Record it all in the log book. Have Fun!

      Stash contians: Delorme Topo USA software, videos, books, food,
      money, and a slingshot!

      Escapades <escapades4cache@...> wrote:
      Here is another cache from May 7, 2000.  Jeremy was the only finder of this cache.

      lildevil@... wrote:
      Firestone
      Hidden:  10/2/2000
      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC78

      This is the oldest geocache in Northern California.
      And it's still active!

      I found it back in February. It's only about a dozen miles north of the Golden Gate. What are you
      waiting for?

      Lil Devil