Re: [NUTS] It was the OLDEST existing geocache in the WORLD!!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2004
      Here is another cache from May 7, 2000.  Jeremy was the only finder of this cache.

      lildevil@... wrote:
      Firestone
      Hidden:  10/2/2000
      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC78

      This is the oldest geocache in Northern California.
      And it's still active!

      I found it back in February. It's only about a dozen miles north of the Golden Gate. What are you
      waiting for?

      Lil Devil

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2004
        I should have posted the way point  GC4, also here is the first post about hiding a geocache by Dave Ulmer

        From: Dave (news2yousNOneSPAM@...)
        Subject: GPS Stash Hunt... Stash #1 is there!

        View this article only
        Newsgroups: sci.geo.satellite-nav
        Date: 2000/05/03
        Well, I did it, created the first stash hunt stash and here are
        the coordinates:

        N 45 17.460
        W122 24.800

        Lots of goodies for the finders. Look for a black plastic bucket
        buried most of the way in the ground. Take some stuff, leave
        some stuff! Record it all in the log book. Have Fun!

        Stash contians: Delorme Topo USA software, videos, books, food,
        money, and a slingshot!