Re: Delorme Challenge

  • geokokopeli
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2004
      A quick skim shows us at about 34 pages. Not likely we'd get far
      enough south, or urban enough to get them all. We just placed a
      cache on page 30 to fill that gap, find the Goose Lake area. A
      pretty area, but it might be a December through March "adventure".
      Get it soon if you can. Baby, it's cold up there.
      Kokopeli
    • Bert & Char
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 9, 2005
        Hooray for Yar? Yar! What a great accomplishment! We're so proud of
        you!
        Plunk & Froggy
      • Gary Kemp
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2007
          Can someone explain this to me and also what the approrpiate map is
          and where to get it??
        • Gary Kemp
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 27, 2007
            Can someone explain this to me and also what the approrpiate map is
            and where to get it??
          • Gary Hobgood
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 27, 2007
              Gary

              DeLorme publishes Atlas and Gazetteer for all 50 states.  Due to its size, California is split into 2 sections.  The California North atlas has northern California divided into 104 separate pages (each page covers an area of 23.4 miles x 34.5 miles).  The California Delorme Challenge GCHANH requires us to find a physical cache on each page of the Delorme atlas.  You can learn more about the Delorme maps here:

              The Delorme maps are available at major bookstores, REI and Amazon.com

              Go for it.

              Gary(&Vicky)

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 27, 2007
                Hi Gary,  For each of the DeLorme Challenges (and there are quite a few), there is an associated map book. For the CA DeLorme Challenge it is the DeLorme "Northern CA Atlas and Gazetteer"  you can get these books at many bookstores and outdoor stores (REI, etc).

                Basically you have to find at least one cache in each of the quads (typically a page) within the book.  More specific requirements would be listed on the cache page for that particular Challenge.  Haicoole's cache was the original, but now there are about 50.  I have the one in NV (I think it was the second) and have included some more specific rules there.

                It is a tremendous challenge (I think only 5 finishers so far) and is one of the most satisfying caching experiences you'll ever have.

                bryan (The SKWERL)

                Gary Kemp <garykemp@...> wrote:
                Can someone explain this to me and also what the approrpiate map is
                and where to get it??

                Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!
                Yahoo! Groups Links

                <*> Your email settings: