Re: [NUTS] GeoWoodstock V

  • Gary McElroy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
      I'm all for it. I'm willing to help on whatever level
      I'm needed. I say let's do this. I'm going next year
      wherever it is anyhow but it sure would be nice to
      have it in the backyard. We definately have the
      density of caches for it. Blucruz

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
        We were hoping to be a part of this planning meeting but were out of town and hope that the RCGDS will keep all of us in the loop. We too have been to two GeoWoodstocks and had a blast. We think we can do this and put on a heck of a gathering. It will take the planning and cooperation and volunteer efforts of lots of folks on lots of levels. We (Rock&Crystal) will be all over this if it comes to Northern CA. We got the cache density (and can certainly do some more), we have the airports (folks do come from all over the world) and what we need is an area with motels and camping available too, as folks will road trip from all over the country, too. We can probably expect 1500+ cachers for this mega event, ESPECIALLY if it's in CA... We go the cachers, too!! From our recent experience at GW4 we would suggest that "communication" should be our key watch word as we put this together to make it the best ever GW. What say you other NUTS??? R&C

        --- Escapades <escapades4cache@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        > The Sacramento geocaching group, RCGDS are getting
        > ready to submit a
        > proposal to host GeoWoodstock V. They have asked
        > us, the NUTS group
        > if we would be interested in helping them host this
        > mega event.
        > Please post your thoughts.
        > Gail and I are part of the steering commitee that
        > Lil Devil and
        > Angel put together to pick a location and get ideas
        > for the proposal.
        > We would be competing against a few other cities
        > across the US that
        > would like to host the event also.
        > Gail and I have attended two GeoWoodstocks and
        > they were both really
        > fun. We think this area and the great group of
        > cachers here in the
        > Sacramento Valley would be super hosts.
        > There will be many more details coming up, we just
        > wanted to see how
        > everyone felt about this and how many people would
        > be interested in
        > volenteering time in the future to make this event
        > happen here in the
        > Sac Valley.

      • debra jaynes
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
          Yes........and would love to volunteer... hopefully my life will calm down by then.
          deb
          On 7/10/06, redhawk2853@... <redhawk2853@...> wrote:

          We were hoping to be a part of this planning meeting but were out of town and hope that the RCGDS will keep all of us in the loop. We too have been to two GeoWoodstocks and had a blast. We think we can do this and put on a heck of a gathering. It will take the planning and cooperation and volunteer efforts of lots of folks on lots of levels. We (Rock&Crystal) will be all over this if it comes to Northern CA. We got the cache density (and can certainly do some more), we have the airports (folks do come from all over the world) and what we need is an area with motels and camping available too, as folks will road trip from all over the country, too. We can probably expect 1500+ cachers for this mega event, ESPECIALLY if it's in CA... We go the cachers, too!! From our recent experience at GW4 we would suggest that "communication" should be our key watch word as we put this together to make it the best ever GW. What say you other NUTS??? R&C

          I'm all for it. I'm willing to help on whatever level
          I'm needed. I say let's do this. I'm going next year
          wherever it is anyhow but it sure would be nice to
          have it in the backyard. We definately have the
          density of caches for it. Blucruz

          --- Escapades < escapades4cache@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          > The Sacramento geocaching group, RCGDS are getting
          > ready to submit a
          > proposal to host GeoWoodstock V. They have asked
          > us, the NUTS group
          > if we would be interested in helping them host this
          > mega event.
          > Please post your thoughts.
          > Gail and I are part of the steering commitee that
          > Lil Devil and
          > Angel put together to pick a location and get ideas
          > for the proposal.
          > We would be competing against a few other cities
          > across the US that
          > would like to host the event also.
          > Gail and I have attended two GeoWoodstocks and
          > they were both really
          > fun. We think this area and the great group of
          > cachers here in the
          > Sacramento Valley would be super hosts.
          > There will be many more details coming up, we just
          > wanted to see how
          > everyone felt about this and how many people would
          > be interested in
          > volenteering time in the future to make this event
          > happen here in the
          > Sac Valley.

        • Jenn Oates

            I'm all for it. I'm willing to help on whatever level
            I'm needed. I say let's do this. I'm going next year
            wherever it is anyhow but it sure would be nice to
            have it in the backyard. We definately have the
            density of caches for it. Blucruz

            --- Escapades < escapades4cache@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            > The Sacramento geocaching group, RCGDS are getting
            > ready to submit a
            > proposal to host GeoWoodstock V. They have asked
            > us, the NUTS group
            > if we would be interested in helping them host this
            > mega event.
            > Please post your thoughts.
            > Gail and I are part of the steering commitee that
            > Lil Devil and
            > Angel put together to pick a location and get ideas
            > for the proposal.
            > We would be competing against a few other cities
            > across the US that
            > would like to host the event also.
            > Gail and I have attended two GeoWoodstocks and
            > they were both really
            > fun. We think this area and the great group of
            > cachers here in the
            > Sacramento Valley would be super hosts.
            > There will be many more details coming up, we just
            > wanted to see how
            > everyone felt about this and how many people would
            > be interested in
            > volenteering time in the future to make this event
            > happen here in the
            > Sac Valley.

          • Jenn Oates
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006
              In the loop?!  Heck...we already delegated several vital GWV jobs to R&C!  You know, porta-john monitor, diaper-changing station, trash pick-up, whiny children drop-off...stuff like that.  Those jobs are YOURS, baby.

              For some reason no one else wanted them...

              Only kidding, of course.  Nobody's that stupid.

              On Jul 10, 2006, at 6:47 PM, <redhawk2853@...> <redhawk2853@...> wrote:

              We were hoping to be a part of this planning meeting but were out of town and hope that the RCGDS will keep all of us in the loop. We too have been to two GeoWoodstocks and had a blast. We think we can do this and put on a heck of a gathering. It will take the planning and cooperation and volunteer efforts of lots of folks on lots of levels. We (Rock&Crystal) will be all over this if it comes to Northern CA. We got the cache density (and can certainly do some more), we have the airports (folks do come from all over the world) and what we need is an area with motels and camping available too, as folks will road trip from all over the country, too. We can probably expect 1500+ cachers for this mega event, ESPECIALLY if it's in CA... We go the cachers, too!! From our recent experience at GW4 we would suggest that "communication" should be our key watch word as we put this together to make it the best ever GW. What say you other NUTS??? R&C

              I'm all for it. I'm willing to help on whatever level
              I'm needed. I say let's do this. I'm going next year
              wherever it is anyhow but it sure would be nice to
              have it in the backyard. We definately have the
              density of caches for it. Blucruz

              --- Escapades <escapades4cache@yahoo.com> wrote:

              > Hi everyone,
              > The Sacramento geocaching group, RCGDS are getting
              > ready to submit a
              > proposal to host GeoWood! stock V. They have asked
              > us, the NUTS group
              > if we would be interested in helping them host this
              > mega event.
              > Please post your thoughts.
              > Gail and I are part of the steering commitee that
              > Lil Devil and
              > Angel put together to pick a location and get ideas
              > for the proposal.
              > We would be competing against a few other cities
              > across the US that
              > would like to host the event also.
              > Gail and I have attended two GeoWoodstocks and
              > they were both really
              > fun. We think this area and the great group of
              > cachers here in the
              > Sacramento Valley would be super hosts.
              > There will be many more details coming up, we just
              > wanted to see how
              > everyone felt about this and how many people would
              > be interested in
              > volenteering time in the future to make this event
              > happen here in the
              > Sac Valley.

            • Jim Olson
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 10, 2006

                I would love to help, but unfortunately I wont be here…

                I just bought a motorhome & I’m in the process of fixing it up so I can move back down to So Cal… Back to a place where there is a cache density of 500 caches per 13 mile radius…

                I’m also getting a divorcé, but that’s another story…

                Besides, my mom & dad, both of my brothers & one of my kids all live down there, & I can do a lot more scuba diving down there… I had 132 dives logged before I move up here in ’99 & now I have 137… Not good…

                Okay, enough said…

                I’m going to bed now…

                Jim

                I'm all for it. I'm willing to help on whatever level
                I'm needed. I say let's do this. I'm going next year
                wherever it is anyhow but it sure would be nice to
                have it in the backyard. We definately have the
                density of caches for it. Blucruz

                --- Escapades <escapades4cache@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                > Hi everyone,
                > The Sacramento geocaching group, RCGDS are getting
                > ready to submit a
                > proposal to host GeoWoodstock V. They have asked
                > us, the NUTS group
                > if we would be interested in helping them host this
                > mega event.
                > Please post your thoughts.
                > Gail and I are part of the steering commitee that
                > Lil Devil and
                > Angel put together to pick a location and get ideas
                > for the proposal.
                > We would be competing against a few other cities
                > across the US that
                > would like to host the event also.
                > Gail and I have attended two GeoWoodstocks and
                > they were both really
                > fun. We think this area and the great group of
                > cachers here in the
                > Sacramento Valley would be super hosts.
                > There will be many more details coming up, we just
                > wanted to see how
                > everyone felt about this and how many people would
                > be interested in
                > volenteering time in the future to make this event
                > happen here in the
                > Sac Valley.

              • Team Sharpseekers
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 13, 2006
                  We are all for trying to get the GeoWoodstock here in the Sac Area.
                  We would be willing to put in whatever elbow grease is necessary to
                  make it happen. --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Escapades"