Re: [NUTS] Geowoodstock?!?!?!?!?

  • nelson143
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      Rumors? Controversies??
      The geocaching.com forums are buzzing with them regarding Geowoodstock...
      Ed

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hey everyone, thanks for asking....

        Texas was fun, lots of great folks and interesting places. Frankly GW4 was not as well organized as GW3. Lots of caches and lots of people and lots of bad drivers (you think CA is bad)! We are again talking about the possibility of doing GW5 in northern CA. We got the caches, we got the people who will help (right?), we just need to find the right spot... some where between Chico and Lodi ought to be good! LOL  We could do this! We (RCGDS, NUTS, maybe BADGE and CVC) plan to submit a proposal to the powers that be, we'll be looking for some folks with ideas (what you'd like if you went to a GW event, etc... from both folks that have been and those who have not).

        We saw long horns (really long horns!), came across a cotton mouth (water moccasin) snake at a cache, had fun with chiggers and ticks and poison ivy. Think RoamingBull's brothers were on every street corner! ;o) We did a cache near Texarkana... Nix Creek Series... and you'd never guess who logged it about May 3rd.... bobolu!!! YES, OUR bobolu!!! It truly is a small world of geocachers!! We'll get some pictures up shortly. Saw the "grassy knoll"... very touching!! Lots of cowboy history down there. Hot and muggy! Plenty of great caches and some not so great! One day we walked the bridge out of Rockwall northeast of Dallas. It's a 2+ mile bridge over a lake and 20 caches along the way... now THAT was a series (and it sure stuck out on GSAK maps) !!! Lots of historical/virtual caches. Everybody seemed real cordial and friendly except maybe on the road! Saw some squished armadillos, but no live ones, and geckos and bugs we'd never seen before... we stayed in Waxahachie and there were fireflies there... we loved them!! Don't think we'll be complaining about caches being placed in poison oak anymore... down there it must be a rule!! We now have added 4 new states to our list of states cached in... TX, AR, LA, and OK.

        Food was great most places, and the highlight for us was dinner at "the Plantation" in Waxahachie... a haunted old house. Jacqi swore something poked at her leg... twice during dinner. (It wasn't me!!) :o)  Michelle swore the doors were moving back and forth. TexMex in Texarkana was pretty good too.

        Coins were big this year as compared to last, that was one major change. Communication hit some bumps at GW4, something we'd really want to do well should we take on the task of GW5. Anyway, that's it in a NUTS shell (what else?) catch us later and I'm sure we will have stories to embellish. Later, Don & Jacqi aka Rock&Crystal

        Any reports from Texas?  How was GW4 this last weekend?  Stories?
        Pictures?  Memorable Caches?  Rumors?  Jeeps?  Bare Skin?

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/_____B/TM

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Raymond
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
          Thanks Don! Can't wait to hear some more stories next time we catch
          up. I did notice the birth of a new icon...the "MEGA" event!

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
            MeoGeo's got the record!! Vomiting in three states. Crazy4Bats only lost it in Florida and Georgia last year. We teased her the whole time in Texas because there were Waffle Houses all over the place... the place she believed she got sick in Florida! LOL  We too, got to see the largest peanut... however, we have it on good authority there is actually a bigger one in Georgia... but it was the biggest for along time, AND anyway, it is a virtual!!! :o)