RE: [NUTS] Lost Travel Bugs

  • Trevor Anderson
    Message 1 of 8 , May 15, 2006
      Actually, Jeo does not have the time machine Dad... I do... sorry, I was just looking at my 50,000 cache.  It was on Pluto... very interesting place I may add.

      Anyway, I have placed it back and it can be used to move the TBs to unknown places... maybe Pluto... oh wait a minute... if we put them on Pluto then we will know where they are...

      Warren Harding <warrenh2002@...> wrote:
      I don't mean to make light of your loss, because It's unfortunate that that has to happen. But from the responses you already have, you have some good advice already.
      However, I can't help myself:
      1. If you move travel bug to an unknown location, it is no longer unknown so you have defeated your purpose of moving it to an unknown location. (eg. It is now in a known location.)
      2. Or, if you are successful in moving it to an unknown location, you again don't accomplish your purpose of being able to get it back when it is found because you won't know where it is. (eg. No one knows where it is.)
      SOLUTION: Have Jeo take it to an unknown location in the time machine. It won't matter to Jeo if it is in an unknown location. It never bothered him before. He can find it no matter where it is.  I would do it myself, but Jeo has borrowed my time machine again.
      47Dad47

      From: "kricket_213" <kricket_213@...>
      To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [NUTS] Lost Travel Bugs
      Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:40:02 -0000

      Does anyone know how to move your Travel Bug or Geocoin to an unknown
      location when it comes up missing until it is found again?
      Thanks, travler13

      Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • scottforde@gmail.com

        From: "kricket_213" < kricket_213@...>
        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:40:02 -0000

        --
        "Of all the things I've lost ... I think I miss my mind the most." - Mark Twain
      • Warren Harding
        Message 3 of 8 , May 16, 2006

          Thanks for returning the Time Machine, Trevor. I hope you enjoyed your time on Pluto.  I love vacationing on Pluto and Charon because I only weight 15 pounds on Pluto and 9 pounds on Charon.  Since Charon is "unknown" to most people, you could hide the cache there.

          47Dad47

          From: "kricket_213" <kricket_213@...>
          To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:40:02 -0000

          Does anyone know how to move your Travel Bug or Geocoin to an unknown
          location when it comes up missing until it is found again?
          Thanks, travler13

          Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Blab-away for as little as 1�/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

          Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Teeje
          Message 4 of 8 , May 16, 2006
            Don't pay Charon, Don't even set a price.
            Don't pay Charon, until he gets you to the other side ;)

            <grin>

            Discovered by James W. Christy June 22, 1978

            Orbital characteristics
            Semimajor axis 19 571 ± 4 km
            Eccentricity 0.00000 ± 0.00007
            Orbital period 6.387230 d (6 d 9 h 17 m 36 s)
            Inclination 115.60° (to the ecliptic)
            0.00° ± 0.014° (to Pluto's equator)
            122.54° (to Pluto's orbit)

            Mean diameter 1212 km ± 3 km (0.095 Earths)
            Mass (1.52±0.06)×1021 kg (2.5445×10-4 Earths)
            Mean density 1.63 ± 0.07 g/cm3
            Surface gravity 0.276 m/s2
            Escape velocity 0.578 km/s
            Surface Temperature -364 degrees Fahrenheit (53 K)
            Rotation period synchronous
            Axial tilt zero
            Albedo varies 0.36 to 0.39
            Atmosphere none (< 0.11 μbar or 11 mPa)
          • Warren Harding
            Message 5 of 8 , May 16, 2006

              Yikes...Now you have told everybody.  Even Neptune, coming back into the fold, can't hide it.

              Remember, if you need to make ice cubes, chip the ice from Charon, not Pluto.

              47Dad47

              From: "Teeje" <yaryar@...>
              To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:30:35 -0000

              Don't pay Charon, Don't even set a price.
              Don't pay Charon, until he gets you to the other side ;)

              <grin>

              Discovered by       James W. Christy June 22, 1978

              Orbital characteristics
              Semimajor axis       19 571 � 4 km
              Eccentricity       0.00000 � 0.00007
              Orbital period       6.387230 d (6 d 9 h 17 m 36 s)
              Inclination       115.60� (to the ecliptic)
                          0.00� � 0.014� (to Pluto's equator)
                          122.54� (to Pluto's orbit)

              Mean diameter       1212 km � 3 km (0.095 Earths)
              Mass       (1.52�0.06)�1021 kg (2.5445�10-4 Earths)
              Mean density       1.63 � 0.07 g/cm3
              Surface gravity       0.276 m/s2
              Escape velocity       0.578 km/s
              Surface Temperature       -364 degrees Fahrenheit (53 K)
              Rotation period       synchronous
              Axial tilt       zero
              Albedo       varies 0.36 to 0.39
              Atmosphere       none (< 0.11 &#956;bar or 11 mPa)